Match Thread | B.Dortmund vs Man City (25/10/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've played some amazing football with Stones at RB in the past.

I feel like he's struggling to shape the team around Haaland, despite the stupid number of goals he's scored.
We had a debate about this earlier in the season when I asked the question about EH being dropped for the harder away games to benefit our press and you called me out on it.

You were right and he is playing in all games. I was on the right lines being concerned about our balance in those games.

Playing Alvarez tonight seems bizarre too.

This sadly has the feel of us being suckered punched. I have some sympathy for our lads. They are just hoping to play on the break and given the fact that we’ve qualified it’s must be hard for some of our lads to be really up for it.

Dortmund are doing nothing to make this an entertaining game.

Wish at times some of our forwards would take a man on.
Don't worry we've got Mahrez for that

Dominated possession without really creating anything. In fact they look more likely to score on the break.

The right side of Stones, Mahrez and Alvarez hasn't really offered anything at all going forward. Mahrez really needs a player overlapping him to be effective. The left side has looked a bit more dangerous going forward but suspect defensively. Cancelo is such a mixed bag, brilliant one minute, hopeless the next.

I'd bring Bernardo and Grealish on for Alvarez and Mahrez and move Foden over to the right and see if that makes any difference. Bit more energy in the middle from Bernardo might help. Perhaps try Cancelo at RB and Ake at LB too as we look vulnerable defensively down our left.

Not the greatest first half but hopefully we're tiring them and if we sharpen our play up a bit 2nd half, it's a game we should really win.

Are you watching the game? Half the players don't look like they know where they are meant to be playing, we have created fuck all chances & if they hadn't missed a sitter we would be behind.

If you think this is a good performance then you need to get some help coming off the gear.
I'm sorry I didn't realise you were Harry Bassett.

We are drawing away from home in a hard game.
If we draw we top the group
Imagine if we were shit.
Or in the second division

So far so good. They’ve troubled us twice on the counter-attack and that’s all they’ve done really.

We’ve controlled the tempo, kept it at the pace we want most of the time, we only need a draw to win the group so it’s going to plan.

Could do with creating something though. Mahrez and Alvarez haven’t been anywhere near effective enough, one is working too hard and just needs to hold a position in one area of the pitch for a while and the other isn’t working hard enough. Everything has come from Foden and Cancelo.

But we’re in total control, dare I say it, boring?!
You're first and last sentences are at odds with each other

Yep some right entitled twits... bring back peafce ffs

65 per cent possesion

Dead rubber
Why are people entitled? For wanting to see your team create chances and have a go?and if.its a dead rubber why didn't city tell the fans who have spent a shit load that some can't really afford to go there not to bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.