Match Thread | B.Dortmund vs Man City (25/10/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones is a class CB but is only ever just doing a job at RB.

Good in bursts because he's a talented, intelligent and experienced player, but his instincts are wrong for the position.
That’s the issue, I don’t like the CB’s at RB. Would rather give the young kid Rico lewis a game there or Cancelo with Wilson-Esbrand at LB.

You're first and last sentences are at odds with each other
How? They’ve barely done anything all game, apart from two counter attacks, we’ve almost had nothing to worry about. We’ve just kept the ball in the middle of the pitch.

It's all very pedestrian unfortunately. All these sideways and backwards passing is all very well but I just gives the opposition time to regroup and get everyone behind the ball. There needs to be more urgency, faster passing and be more direct.

Cancelo usual mixed bag, erratic but always capable of pinging in that great cross
Foden a bit off the pace
Away form in last month a bit iffy, could do with just scoring away from home please
A draw will suffice though

This formation really worked for us at Anfield, didn’t it?
Only difference here is we don’t need to chase too hard for a goal when a draw will see us win the group, but you’d be worried the same thingy will happen if we do push too far forward.

Change of personnel might help though.
We’re trying to get through a packed defence of 5-3-2 which really means somebody has to beat his man to put them on the back foot. It hasn’t happened so far and doesn’t seem likely the way Cancelo Alvarez Foden and Mahrez are playing.
I do think Alvarez and Foden are capable of playing through them but it isn’t happening at the moment. They are crowded out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.