Match Thread; City v Liverpool

hisroyalblueness said:
Chippy_boy said:
Indeed so.

Plus, with 15 minutes to go, who does he bring on? O'Shea perhaps? Wes Brown maybe?

No, Berbatov.

United were under severe pressure by then, yet Sir Bacon Face still thought better to bring a striker on.

That was an entirely different scenario. . where away goals count in a 2 legged contest (and ergo better to attack when away and defend at home). Bacon face increased his strike force late on because he could see it would give them equal chance of scoring another on the counter as it would allow chelski in for an equaliser.
Think it through before promoting a strategy that doesn't match our situation.

The different thing is their mentality ! Ferguson was facing Chelsea in their ground with 3 wingers and two strikers !!!

I don`t like him but I do appreciate his tactics most of the time.

---------------------------------Hart-------------------------------------

---Boyata----------Kompany------------Lescott-----------Zabaleta--------

---------------------Milner---------Barry----------------------------------

---SWP---------------------Silva-----------------------Johnson-----------

---------------------------------Tevez-----------------------------------

Still a very strong team. Rest Yaya and De Jong for Saturday.

Silva coming in from the wing, floating about around the strikers, he will create space out wide for Tevez in the middle, bit like the Sunderland game, but mainly base himself around Tevez, the centre where he has the main impact on the game.

-------------------Hart

Pab Zab---Kompany---Lescott---Kolarocket

---------------De Jong

----Johnson------Y.Toure----------Silva

--------------Tevez

------------------Dzeko

--------------Hart----------------
Zabaleta-Lescott-Kompany-Kolarov
----------Yaya---De Jong---------
Johnson----------------------Silva
---------Tevez--Dzeko------------

2-1 City, Dzeko and Silva.

I would rather have boyata I still dont trusted lescott he always looks like he is going to fall or slide in the box which is worrying... hope Zab is playing.

2-1 to City, Silva and Tevez.

blues1234 said:
I would rather have boyata I still dont trusted lescott he always looks like he is going to fall or slide in the box which is worrying... hope Zab is playing.

2-1 to City, Silva and Tevez.
Both Lescott and Boyata are like that, remember what Boyata did to Drogba?

we defo need a new centre back next yr if we r in the champs league, sometimes kolo toure can have few run of bad matches.

Someone like Dunne but less own goals, he was the best DC we have had for the the last 10 years before Kompany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.