Match Thread | Everton vs Man City (26/02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to slow to play RB
I didn't say that, I said he was the only one who was playing well, he isn't a RB but is still doing his job, sweeping and covering but he really isn't going to give us the overlapping RB option that we are used to.

Maybe best inform Pep he is an idiot for persisting in this tactic.

Moving him to CB and taking Laporte off would have been the correct idea.

Shocking first half from us, picked up where we left off last weekend.

I don't understand why Pep has chosen to empty our midfield again?

Rodri is completely exposed because Bernie is so high up and De Bruyne is so slow to even get back in.

Cancelo can't get out on his side and Everton more than happy for the centre backs to bring it up and have the onus on them to find something between the lines.

If we don't show more desire and urgency, we aren't winning this.
I think that was our worst half this season. It's a small pitch so pinging out wide has less effect. Need a change perhaps.

Shocking first half from us, picked up where we left off last weekend.

I don't understand why Pep has chosen to empty our midfield again?

Rodri is completely exposed because Bernie is so high up and De Bruyne is so slow to even get back in.

Cancelo can't get out on his side and Everton more than happy for the centre backs to bring it up and have the onus on them to find something between the lines.

If we don't show more desire and urgency, we aren't winning this.
We need to win
Play shit and win or come out firing
But we cannot afford to drop more points
This is for a 6 point lead
Points on the board beat games in hand

I didn't say that, I said he was the only one who was playing well, he isn't a RB but is still doing his job, sweeping and covering but he really isn't going to give us the overlapping RB option that we are used to.

Maybe best inform Pep he is an idiot for persisting in this tactic.

Moving him to CB and taking Laporte off would have been the correct idea.
Completely agree.

Am usually very happy with keeping the ball but those last few minutes frustrated the crap out of me. I was shouting at the players to be a direct and try and get it in the box. We need more shots at this goalkeeper and stop feeling sorry for ourselves

Not the best. This system really isn't working that well for us at the moment. We haven't really looked too dangerous and created very little.

We need to get back to a central 3 of Rodri, Bernardo and Gundogan. That's when we are at our strongest and can control games.

Bernardo and Rodri were in superb form earlier in the season. In comes KDB and players get moved out of position to accommodate him and we stop really controlling games and look far more vulnerable defensively. Those other players then also lose their edge/form to some degree.

KDB is a fantastic player but right now he's weakening the team when played in a CM three. I'd much rather see him as the false 9 if he's going to play.

Play to our strengths and we win this. Continue like this and I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.