Match Thread | Leicester vs Man City (25/10/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope we can do something this half, early game you always wanna set a marker for the other teams playing later. Top of the league at 2:30 would be nice

We need some movement up front. Alvarez whilst no doubt has the talent, he's not moving or making any runs. Yes that's hard with a packed defence but he has to offer some more just to create a pocket of space in behind.

The game is going how I expected, we're just lacking some polish in the final third.

Only sub available is to bring Phil on, can't see Mahrez opening them up.
he can’t do anything if the cross keeps getting blocked

Need more urgency and width. Games like this we cry out for a quick, direct winger. Sane in his pomp. I think we'll still grind out a win but we could do with an early goal this half.

Exactly the game i predicted.

We aren't breaking down the 10 men by playing predictable and safe football around the penalty box,the more likely scenario is that we get clumsy,they break,and Ederson allows Vardy to score.

We need a plan B,and the only options we have are Foden (preferable) and Mahrez.We have nothing on the bench that gives us a different dimension.

We need an injection of inspiration and tenacity,we need to be more adventurous by way of allowing Grealish and Bernardo to drive into the box,its difficult to see where the goal is coming from......but maybe their defenders will give away a penalty if we keep running at them.

The one concern,as above,we get careless/sloppy and allow the break.

Very deep 4-5-1 is returning as a kryptonite for us. I think not having Haaland didn't make any difference, only some astonishing piece of individual brilliance is going to change this. When we had Merlin, he was able to linger just behind in the corners of the box and do some good ,so we always found a goal that way. Unfortunately Jack is not able even to dream about that. I hope we don't try to speed up the game, we ll just make more mistakes and Leicester will have turnovers that might produce a goal for them.

They’re killing the game. Boring as fuck. But they’re entitled to. Can’t see us breaking through with this team. Subs might make a difference eg Phil
.... so they ARE playing well? Yes?

Have done a decent job and limited our chances which as league champions we should expect. We have to not drop our guard and I'm confident the goal(s) will come in the second half.

Yes, it's boring but you do have to acknowledge and give credit to LCFC. They think they're doing well - which in reality they are.

People not happy with our corners so far, Grealish has taken the last few and has put them into good positions for us to attack, but we can't get a head to them as yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.