Match Thread | Leicester vs Man City (25/10/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost goals in the summer, brought in a goal machine to make up for that, but when he's out we have wingers that have zero threat in the final third apart from Foden. Grealish isn't a goal scorer, Bernardo isn't a goal scoring winger. Mahrez is losing his edge.

Uninspiring really, very little threat from us.

I'd bring on Foden for Alvarez and Gomez for Akanji. Switch to false 9 with Gundo there, wingers a bit more central and fullbacks offering width. A bit more risk defensively but I doubt Leicester has energy to run counter attacks all 2nd half.

All those on here bemoaning our 'poor' performance first half, have a word with yourselves.

Leicester are defending well.
Absolutely this. Very difficult to ‘up the tempo’ and ‘move the ball quicker’ against these tactics. Suspect the game will become a bit more open as the half goes on, which could go either way to be honest because I’ve not been right impressed with our defending so far.

Fucking hate these sort of teams, show next to no interest in taking the game to us, the amount of times in that half their furthest man forward was 5 yards out of his own box. I get it when teams come to the etihad but when you are the home, get the fans up and make a game of it at least.

Hopefully we get an early goal and they actually turn it into a game worth watching.

Come on blues!

Exactly the game i predicted.

We aren't breaking down the 10 men by playing predictable and safe football around the penalty box,the more likely scenario is that we get clumsy,they break,and Ederson allows Vardy to score.

We need a plan B,and the only options we have are Foden (preferable) and Mahrez.We have nothing on the bench that gives us a different dimension.

We need an injection of inspiration and tenacity,we need to be more adventurous by way of allowing Grealish and Bernardo to drive into the box,its difficult to see where the goal is coming from......but maybe their defenders will give away a penalty if we keep running at them.

The one concern,as above,we get careless/sloppy and allow the break.
You think we’d score a penalty??

Didnt expect that from Leicester they have their fair share of creative players but have no interest in pressurising us , depending on a breakaway goal , for a home team that needs points to climb up the table their fans appear satisfield with mediocrity.
Always difficult to breach a double decker bus but if we did nick a goal the game would be more entertaining with Leicester having to come out and play , but while its 0-0 it will not change.
Not sure Haaland would have made a big difference today , no room for him to run into , Alvarez showed some good rmovement but the through ball hasnt been good enough , frustrating game and becoming a bit tedious the way teams set up against us.
Foden for Gundo after 60 minutes we need a bit more urgency to break them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.