Match Thread | Liverpool vs Man City (16/10/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Foden passing back is tactical. As on the right, the ball goes forward even if possession is lost.

I still think Pep should take the handbrake off and switch to the normal formation that has allowed the lads to score goals this season. Fuck it, if they score, the lads will score. I know he’s worried about the counter but they had a few diagonal balls that caused trouble in that half. Might as well let Cancelo go back to the left. He works so well with Phil.
I thought exactly the same . Looks like he’s been instructed to play back . Could be a ploy for Milner to be be led into a false sense of security . Second half really get at him

Not too bad but still a way off our best. Seems to be more of a 3-2-4-1 or something like that with Foden and Cancelo as wing backs. Not totally convinced it suits us as it has our wider players deeper and not able to get behind their FBs as much as I was expecting/hoping. Gundogan seems bit lost and has been quite poor that half IMO.

Anyway, I hope we are a little more adventurous 2nd half as this is a game that we should win really.

Bossing? What game are you looking at? His slow movements make us vulnerable, as usual against Liverpool. He can’t cope with their pressing.
There is only you that thinks this, give it up ffs, you're just making yourself look weird.

I love him but Pep is such a knob for debuting a new formation at Anfield.

Why not do this vs Copenhagen?

Why decide the answer to them playing 60 year old Milner is not to put a winger on him, but drop him back 30 yards to play LWB?
We have played this several times this season...

I love him but Pep is such a knob for debuting a new formation at Anfield.

Why not do this vs Copenhagen?

Why decide the answer to them playing 60 year old Milner is not to put a winger on him, but drop him back 30 yards to play LWB?
And move Cancelo to the other side, who has been linking up so well with Phil.

I expected to see Foden, Cancelo and Bernardo all terrorising him on that side.

They've dragged us down to their level and we've played their game of transitional moments. They've had 1 and we've had 3.
We should gave picked them off at least twice. Foden should be hitting that chance first time with his right and Haaland smashing his low.
1st goal will be crucial, let's get it and fuckoff with 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.