Match Thread | Man City vs At. Madrid (05/04/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always going to be a slog. Back five, brilliantly organised, well protected, all working their bollocks off.
Bit disappointing that, in those moments when we have got into decent positions or caught them slightly out of shape, we’ve lacked a bit of composure or got the final ball wrong.
I’d like to see Foden sooner rather than later.

Athletico just doing their shit, nothing we didn’t expect, the likes of The Neanderthal lapping it up makes me puke. Burnley had more about them.

This is why football should take a leaf out of how boxing is scored. None of this draw bollocks, 90 minutes, if it's level then the ref and two linos give a verdict.

Was always going to be a very tight game, with Athletico playing ultra defensively, so not surprised how it's panning out.

City playing OK, we just need a bit more cutting edge and in a game with probably few chances if we get a chance we need to take it.

they have clearly come for a 0-0. need to be ahead before the next tie so that we can force them to come out.

Rodri usually does that but it’s to allow the recycling of the ball. We don’t play that type of counter anymore (when Sane was here). A counter attack still happens but it’s not marauding and quick and direct as it used to be but the only thing I can see helping is quicker passing but these guys are narrow as hell.
It’s not about going long to an attacker, it’s about recognizing when they’ve exposed themselves. They’d come up with 5 players and lost the ball. Rodri had it and Bernardo was thirty yards ahead in the middle of the park screaming at him to feed him. We’d have been 5 on 5 but instead he took three touches allowed 3 of their men back and only then did he give it to Bernardo.

At this level we need to be quicker to sense when the balance on the pitch has tipped in our favour and exploit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.