Match Thread | Man City vs. Brentford (20/02/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly we have declined hugely this season and its a mix of poor transfer activity and baffling team selections by Pep.
Our defence changes per game and shits itself anytime someone runs at them and we are way to easy to counter due to only having 1 proper midfielder in Rodri, who isnt the quickest and attacking we have no pace, are far to slow and when we even create chances this is the worst season ive seen us in taking them.
We dont have that fear factor anymore and Alverez anywhere but up front isn’t working, and going forward Kyle has regressed hugely.
We just have a lack of pace in the team and are so slow teams find it easy to defend

So boring to watch, no injection of pace and passes just being rolled to each other.

We moan that teams play 11 men behind the ball, but we literally do everything we can to ensure they get chance to get all their men back with the speed of our play.

Could be a struggle this 2nd half and tbh it wouldn't surprise me if they knicked a goal.

Agree with this, it seems to be an obsession with keeping control of the game rather than take a chance and counter sometimes.

All the possession is working in their favour allowing them to keep their shape.

Its lovely tidy football but not really effective sometimes.

Last edited:
You are not going to move this defence by anchoring Erling in his 4 square meters in the box. I am not sure what is Pep trying to prove this season, but I know we are not going to win the title on a goal difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.