Match Thread | Man City vs Chelsea Carabao Cup (09/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having issues mainly down our right where this is a lot of space. The young Chelsea lad is having Lewis on toast and we are a little fortunate not to have conceded. I hope Pep freshens the team up early doors as one or two are looking leggy.

Quite an entertaining first half. Our left side looks very good. Right side not so much. CM a bit too easy to play through. Gundogan looks like he's running through treacle and Palmer doesn't loos as effective centrally. I'd bring on Bernardo and Phillips for Mahrez and Gundogan and move Palmer out to the right.

Tighten up in CM and we should win this.

Mostly the usual control with the usual struggle to create decent chances. The two flashes across goal we did have, it was the usual infuriating lack of willingness to make a run at far post...i mean how many years have we had this issue and still our players(outside haaland) flat out refuse to make a decent far post run when our wingers get the ball out wide...I just dont understand why our players don't realise its a free tap in sometimes if they do.

Yeah, kinda is, but also not at the same time. The finishing (or lack of it) spoils it for me. Tons of huff and puff and no end result. Kinda entertaining though and a lot more action than most City games lately with the full squad on the pitch. Better than I expected.
Like the last CL match, I think this is a great exercise.
There has been good and bad from the team that is full of youngsters. The overall understanding has to suffer at times but how else are these young guys going to develop.
There has been some cracking fast accurate passing in tight spaces going forward, but the odd time, just a lack of six yard box awareness. Jack beating his man inside and out but needs someone attacking the near post.

Understandably we’ve shown lack of cohesion defending but apart from the young fullbacks, the real danger seems to be our lack of pace through the centre. It puts us back peddling to often.

I think this is a good game where the youngsters are gaining further experience. They will make mistakes along the way, but so what. This is how they learn. This is how we hope they can slot in, when required in the future, with these games in the bank.

BEIN just shown livarpool highlights. Why did they waste money on Noo-Knee-Yez when they've already got some kid on their books who can sky it miles over the bar from about 5 yards out? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.