Match Thread | Man City vs Lyon (15/08/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been said plenty of times already but Fernandinho is having the worst game I can remember from him.

Predictably enough, we've looked miles better when we've put Kev and Sterling wider. We were too compact in attack before that and it's a shame half time came when it did/ we made that switch so late in the half.

And a special mention to Kyle for walking back after the ball over the top and only turning in the afterburners once Cornet was about to shoot. I've seen that from a few players since the restart and I'm not even sure you could call it an error because it's so fucking basic.

Let's fucking do this.

I am thinking we change something and score 3-4, or concede another one. Unfortunately this game follows a certain pattern, not agreeable to us. To be 1:0 down against the team that barely got near your box is so depressing for the players and once head's gone, well.....I am just gonna focus on the game and hope for the changes and the best outcome.

Personally I don't give a flying shite about the corruption league and haven't done since we were blatantly cheated against the murderers.

And after the way he stuck his neck out for us as a club in the aftermath of the uefa ban I will never ever want pep to not be here. I don't care if he relegates us. The man stood up for us when lesser men would have been heading for the door.

The club however appear to want to win this thing one day which worries me as pep will never win the champions League. He doesn't have the balls to go for it and outsmarts himself every single year. He isn't tactically good enough to win the thing. That's just the way it is.

Hate to say it, but Jose would piss the champions League with this squad. It'd be the most boring season in years in the league but he would win this thing for sure. I'd bet my house on it.

Fuck the champions League anyway. In pep I trust.
Pep has it in him to win it. He's done it before. Just needs to stop overthinking every starting XI. Just play how we usually play with the players who usually play and we have as good if not better of a chance to win CL as any team in Europe.

Bookies are very rarely wrong.

Mate has put £100 on Lyon at 12/1.

Bet Victor offering just £270,00 cash out at half time,

Patience, we’ve got this
It wasn't a fubar 1st half. Suckered only by a quality finish. Just very worrying if it continues like that.
When we started to put the effort in, we made chances even with this uncreative slow midfield.
We have the ability, mental attitude and players - we just need Pep to make the adjustments quickly.

Some of the comments from some of the arse holes on here are shameful.

50 minutes to play and they’re slaughtering the coach & players.

Get outa here W⚓s

I’m not gonna wait until minute 88 before I criticize. Pep is supposed to be the best manager in the world, he makes 20m a year. We brought him in to win these games. He failed four years in a row if we lose this and you believe we shouldn’t criticize? FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.