Match Thread | Man City vs Real Madrid (24/07/15 @ 11am)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite dissapointed that Pelle didnt stick with some of the youngsters from an attacking sense. Would of much prefered Kelechi up front like the roma game. Would of also liked to have seen Garcia on when delph had to come off.

Absolute worst moment of the game for me was seeing Dzeko come on. I was hoping for Garcia, Kelechi etc, but that was just wasting time.

The manager handled this game poorly. Leaving Ihenachio out of the starting line up from the start, bringing Navas instead of another center midfielder, regardless of how young e.g Garcia, putting Dzeko whose head has gone in the second half among others. The result was never important win or lose but it terms of being able to judge some young players, the manager's selections and circumstances did not allow the chance for that.

Denayer got a full game, which is a positive and this will be a good experience for Humphreys. Sterling looked sharp and lively, played well. Hope Delph is not out for too long, unlucky start for him.

Sterling looking pretty good, youngsters getting some experience against some of the world's best players, delph showing that he alone can make us much more solid in midfield (before getting injured), yaya looked hungry again which I liked, and perhaps this game will inspire us to buy a new left back and consider ourselves lucky roma want dzeko. It's not all negatives

Good post.

Am I reading too much into Roberts' distinctly more first team shirt number than the other youngsters.

At least no one will open a thread to hype up the youngsters and embarrass us all

It wasnt that bad for a pre-season friendly, the usual suspects were being usually suspect of course but I'm loving Sterling so much, I'm not even bothered. Zab, Mangala and Kompany all didn't feature, that's 3 of our starting back 4, so not getting hung up on the defensive side as Delph also showed great protection for the first 20.

The manager handled this game poorly. Leaving Ihenachio out of the starting line up from the start, bringing Navas instead of another center midfielder, regardless of how young e.g Garcia, putting Dzeko whose head has gone in the second half among others. The result was never important win or lose but it terms of being able to judge some young players, the manager's selections and circumstances did not allow the chance for that.

Denayer got a full game, which is a positive and this will be a good experience for Humphreys. Sterling looked sharp and lively, played well. Hope Delph is not out for too long, unlucky start for him.

Fitness is what its all about, nothing more and players on the tour will be given equal amounts of time.

Results mean nothing right now and he already knows what his players are capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.