Match Thread | Man City vs Real Madrid (24/07/15 @ 11am)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to criticise any of the youngsters at all, but its some of the senior members that have disappointed. If we do not get the acquisitions we need this summer, we can kiss goodbye to the premier league title. Fernando as your back up midfielder is just not good enough, absolutely terrible. Would much rather have spent 13m on Cabaye than keep this waste of space. I literally cannot see what the man offers, Octopus... pfft, a tortoise more like. How people can say that we haven't got room for De Bruyne is beyond me... sick of watching Navas each game fail to get past the first man with a cross and struggle to beat a man down the line. We need players with quality, not players that just make up the numbers. Get rid of Dzeko too, his time has come and he looked like he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Think we still need possibly another 2 centre mid acquisitions (Pogba is key and Aranguiz on the cheap will do to replace Fernando to give us MUCH more energy and nous), a left back (one that can defend at least) and another attacking midfield player (De Bruyne), the strength in depth is not good enough. Time to roll out the chequebook and bring in much needed players to help bolster the squad and get rid of the deadwood.
We must have watched different games as I thought Ferando had a reasonably good game. He will prove his worth.

Fernando and Sagna were two of our best performers today. Sagna was very solid, covered the 2 centre backs very well and nothing came from down his side. He had Navas infront of him too who is a much bigger help than Nasri defensively. Fernando put in some fantastic tackles throughout the game despite being over run due to yaya's lack of defensive cover. he looked like he did in pre-season last year.

Think Jared is getting some undeserved stick here. He didn't slag any of the kids off, he just didn't heap tonnes of false praise on them. We all know they are some of the best kids in the world and there's a fantastic chance a good deal of them could progress into our first team, and it's very exciting but we do have a tendency on here to over hype every good thing they do.They both had their good and bad moments throughout the game today, there was plenty to be pleased about, but also, there's plenty of improvement needed and i'm sure it will come over time. In the first half as a whole they were given the run around by 4 world class players. There's no shame in that, that forward line of theirs is more than capable of destroying any defence in the world, it's no criticism to say they struggled. They will both benefit greatly from that experience because their weak points were highlighted and they can go away and work on them and become better.

Thanks mate. Was gonna head off but wanted to comment on your post before I do so. All I'm thinking of is some level headedness. Giddiness about youngsters can be a double edged sword. The more you hyped them up the more you can be setting them up for a fall if things don't work out. There are so many precautionary tales out there. In the meantime while we let them prove themselves over the years, maybe give some support to our more maligned senior players. As they will play some major minutes in comparison. Get behind the team as city fans. Less hype, less hate and more leveled headed stuff. I mean it's only the pre season.

Fernando and Sagna were two of our best performers today. Sagna was very solid, covered the 2 centre backs very well and nothing came from down his side. He had Navas infront of him too who is a much bigger help than Nasri defensively. Fernando put in some fantastic tackles throughout the game despite being over run due to yaya's lack of defensive cover. he looked like he did in pre-season last year.

Think Jared is getting some undeserved stick here. He didn't slag any of the kids off, he just didn't heap tonnes of false praise on them. We all know they are some of the best kids in the world and there's a fantastic chance a good deal of them could progress into our first team, and it's very exciting but we do have a tendency on here to over hype every good thing they do.They both had their good and bad moments throughout the game today, there was plenty to be pleased about, but also, there's plenty of improvement needed and i'm sure it will come over time. In the first half as a whole they were given the run around by 4 world class players. There's no shame in that, that forward line of theirs is more than capable of destroying any defence in the world, it's no criticism to say they struggled. They will both benefit greatly from that experience because their weak points were highlighted and they can go away and work on them and become better.
Great post, and certainly agree about Sagna and Fernando.

Hart is better than courtois, Cech and bravo easily
There's not a lot in it when it comes to Hart, Courtois and Cech. I think they're all a level higher than Bravo. Push came to shove I'd personally put Courtois above him out of the ones mentioned.
That's just a personal preference though, I'm sure plenty wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.