Match Thread | Man City vs Sevilla (02/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think? We are doing exactly, with repetition, the same thing as the last 6 seasons, in fact with gears to spare

We’ll be top going into the World Cup break imo, safely through to CL knockout, and I’d predict the carabao last 8

We haven’t even hit 3rd gear and sitting pretty, no masking just typical city!
This man knows - shame it’ll be wasted on here! Haha!

Surprised how lacklustre we are tonight , players being given a chance to impress and none of them apart from Lewis who has looked decent , Palmer and Alvarez just not getting on the ball , Foden being given his chance to run the midfield and not really taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Grealish again flattering to decieve , Mahrez just playing the easy ball everytime.
Pep should lay into them at half time , we are playing at walking pace and need to get at their back four , need to pass the ball quicker and generally they need a kick up the backside , second half can't be any worse than that tripe that has been served up.

I don’t think it’s as bad as people are making out.
How do we expect the young lads to learn if not given chances like tonigh and mistakes will be made.
But it’s through ironing out problems on the pitch that they will get up to speed.
I would be more worried by the lack of application from senior players like Mahrez and a lack of collective urgency than anything else.

It’s not great but we were only a yard slow or a poor first touch away from actually leading in that half. The ball and the mind needs to be moving quicker, but I would stick with that team for the second half as long as we don’t concede another. Make changes in the last 15 minutes if necessary.

Alvarez resembles an ant trying to punch a hole in the damn.

It's a worrying trait that he reminds me a little of Torres, in that you forget he is playing most of the time?

Palmer and Mahrez occupying the same spaces, which is frustrating to watch.

Must admit, I am finding watching City a bit of a grind of late, certainly since the derby.

Sick of seeing parked busses and us far too passive.

Its always been a case of stay in contention for the PL and qualify from the group stage before the World Cup. We have not been good all season, Haalands goals and individual brilliance have bailed us out as defensively we have been awful.
Be a shame to lose our unbeaten home run in the CL but if we win the next 2 PL games, we then regroup after the World Cup and hopefully things improve with performances.

But it shows a huge drop off in quality when certain players are out. Gomez is a championship player , Alvarez looks lost and there just is now goal threat from Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.