Match Thread | Man City vs Sevilla (02/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions, opinions!! I think we are not playing too badly for a second or even third string team. I don’t know statistics but it seems to me we have had more of the play!

But that’s just my humble opinion! :/)
Yes and you are entitled to it and I respect it, but some of these lads tonight are trying to show pep they should be in the 1st team and they are not making a good claim, and that's my opinion

Not the best first half was it! Lewis isn't quite working in that inverted role. It would make more sense to keep him in a more natural RB position and have Palmer tucked in to be more creative.

Flashes of intent but maybe a bit rushed without the guile of De Bruyne and Bernardo. Alvarez can't get involved.

I think we will see an improvement with a bit more patience and Rico staying at RB.

I wish some of the people who post on here would support a different team, of course Pep is trying to give some fringe players a chance, and if we lose tonight it won’t matter, but although we are 1-0 down, we have dominated the game and our fringe players have had half a game of experience. We could win this quite easily, but Pep might take the hit to give the fringe players more experience.

I am enjoying it quite a lot, drih weather, atmosphere inside the stadium doesn't look and sound bad. Pep is playing an interesting formation with almost the third string. We are battling it against another 5-3-2 this time, committed to defend so deep, the only thing really not working is Mahrez-Palmer axis, the latter being completely out of it with Mahrez hogging the ball. And why blaming Alvarez when no ball is coming his way from those supposedly providing a through ball.
glass half full type of guy?

Like isn't a dead rubber a perfect game where Grealish can show he's not in the team to be a btec Nasri and actually show what he can do.... or is it all just deflecting and he actually is out of his depth?

I’m old school, no team that wears our shirt and our badge can ever be forgiven for lazily tossing it off and phoning it in like that, dead rubber or not
Zero meaningful chances against Sevilla reserves is frankly pathetic and unacceptable in front of a 50k crowd at home, including thousands of prospective seasoncard holders of the future
Especially as we are sat here in danger of catching pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.