Match Thread | Man City vs Sheff Wednesday (24/09/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
80s Shorts said:
andrewmswift said:
this game is why milner doesn't get more playing time. he's been very mediocre against very poor opposition

and recently very very good against very very good opposition.

agreed, and he should play in those games. but he's not great in the vast majority of the games we actually play

andrewmswift said:
80s Shorts said:
andrewmswift said:
this game is why milner doesn't get more playing time. he's been very mediocre against very poor opposition

agreed, and he should play in those games. but he's not great in the vast majority of the games we actually play

this.

Reminds me of Park Ji Sung at United

cookster said:
andrewmswift said:

And who else has been a stand out performer in midfield?

wednesday havent been a poor opposition by any means,they have defended well and have been good in possession,yes we have looked out of ideas but credit should be given where its due

Our passing in the final third has been nothing short of unacceptable for the level of players we have on the pitch. Milner absolutely brilliant on Sunday to absolute garbage tonight. How can he complain about lack of game time? He should be looking at this game to stake his claim for a starting berth on Saturday v Hull. Sagna is killing us down the right. Micah has got more of a footballing brain than him at the moment.

We need to wake up very quickly or we could find ourselves going OUT!!!

Come on City!!!!!!!!!!!

EaglesFan said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
We really do need to get our shit together soon... and i'm not just talking about this game, I mean as in the season. Ever since Stoke it's as if the team has lost confidence. Granted they were tough games from then on, but we should be bullying Arsenal and Chelsea.

So typical of our attacking threat to simply vanish just as we look good defensively.

Coincidentally - that was the game where we break away from two-striker formation, and returned to it vs. Liverpool...which was, again coincidentally, our best game in a while...

Just sayin. We lack sharpness going forward when we play with one up front.

Dzeko isn't suited as a lone striker for the way we play, he is too limited to do it all himself when he gets isolated. He ends up taking shots from stupid angles from frustration as he can't create something from nothing.

Bringing on a partner for him would be best I feel, maybe Pozo for Lampard who has contributed very little or push Yaya up and put Sinclair on the wing. Really miss Silva and Nasri for that final ball it seems.

Jordan CTID said:
andrewmswift said:
80s Shorts said:

this.

Reminds me of Park Ji Sung at United

I think Milner has been one of the better players in the first half.

kippaxking79 said:
Our passing in the final third has been nothing short of unacceptable for the level of players we have on the pitch. Milner absolutely brilliant on Sunday to absolute garbage tonight. How can he complain about lack of game time? He should be looking at this game to stake his claim for a starting berth on Saturday v Hull. Sagna is killing us down the right. Micah has got more of a footballing brain than him at the moment.

We need to wake up very quickly or we could find ourselves going OUT!!!

Come on City!!!!!!!!!!!
complete bolloxs!!!!!

we just look a bit impotent up front at the moment, and there doesn't look like there's a lot on the bench to change that if things don't improve, Pozo is bound to get a change tonight. Still, only needs one decent cross and finish to turn things around.
I fear I have cursed Edin by getting his name on the back of my home strip top this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.