Match Thread | Man City vs West Ham (03/05/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So difficult to watch this kind of the game on the screen. We played on automatic, with no impetus and no energy to really do something extraordinary. Still we almost scored! Mahrez is not really involved, he's been really poor and with Kyle not even trying to overlap our right side is dead. We managed to overload on the left with Bernardo and Jack, but it always ended with a very poor last pass. I have no clue what Pep will do, I would still keep Mahrez on, it is just one moment we need in this kind of a game ad he is a player capable of changing the game, but he needs to start receiving the ball much further up.

I guess we should take it as a compliment that a team in the same division turns up and plays non-league cup tactics against us. But by God it doesn't make for good viewing. Up to us to break them down this half but we look very leggy.

We are ignoring the right side because the players know there has been no threat down that side
There is no threat down the right side because there is only Mahrez who has absolutely zero support, Grealish on the left has Bernardo in support everytime we attack, no end product from either so far.

We have the ball a lot, but we are not creating much. Need to show some desperation in the final third. Right now it seems like the gameplan is to hold the ball for 5 mins only to end up with a cross against 10 West Ham players for an easy clearance. Sure, we had a couple of chances and maybe we could have been 1-0 up, but we should create at least twice as much. Not good enough so far, hopefully we'll see the team step up in the second half.

We keep taking it in turns at the back to stand over the ball, pretending to be about to do something to try to get one of their players to jump forward, but they never do. It’s like our entire plan DEPENDS on us provoking someone to press us, but if they don’t, we don’t know what to do.

Dias certainly isn't a ball playing centre half, I think that showed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.