Match Thread | Man United vs Man City (14/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait until 45th minute to have a shot and it’s Kyle Walker!
Disappointing first half and United look the most dangerous

Poor half from Haaland (anonymous), KDB (on ball in wrong position) Mahrez and Foden, would like to see KDB play more down right and centrally than wide left.
I’m not sure the answer but we need to change something before we go a goal behind! We need to be more direct and get at them. We are completely wasting having Haaland at the moment

Grealish and Gundo on for Kev and Mahrez.

Get the ball up the pitch......

----------Rodri---
-----Gundo----Bernie----
-Foden-Haaland--Grealish-

Yeah, a toss up really. Kev is still most likely to have a moment of magic.
I know the problem is if he doesn’t then we are fooked. How many times can we give him for that one moment. Not seen it for a while sadly

We're not taking any chances with our passing, seems like we're refusing to force any "splitting" passes (and there have been plenty of opportunities for them to be played) due to fear of their counter attacks.

Keeping the ball seems like it's our only game plan, and then we just fuck up our simple passing and lose possession.

Boring, soulless football from us so far :(

Postives Rags are shit. Other than that Ederson gift, which they should have scored they have created fuck all against a side woefully out of sorts.

Pep should be saying to them " you can win this the Rags are shit.

I must not be the only one thinking something isn't right in the dressing room at the moment. This feels more like the reason we are playing so badly. Trouble is we have no characters like Fernandinho,Vinny, or Zabba, to call meetings to stop the sulking.

All these have got is the “ball over the top and hope for the best” tactic.

Think we’ve been much better than recently but one thing in particular is burning my head right out.

Every single time the ball over the top or through the channel for Haaland is on, every one of them ignores it in favour of the safe pass.

Completely doing my head in so his head must be creased with it.

0.1 xG for us in 1st half I guess is an accurate representation of our play today. Extremely defensive minded, prioritizing control of risk.

We may still sneak a win but that kind of performance isn't really what City is about if we believe Pep and our executives.
Expected goals blah blah, what about the expected free kick we should have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.