Match Thread | Manchester City Vs Sunderland (13/08/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Sterling is playing narrow whilst nolito is playing wide as possible
He seems to vary more, actually. Sometime he pops up behind Aguero and others he is receiving 50 yard pinged passes on the wing. I think it is designed to confuse Van Aanholt and Gooch.

For the most part it has worked: one has given away a penalty (and dangerous freekick that was wasted) and the other is on a yellow.

45 mins in, winning 1-0 and some think we should be the finished article already.

Nothing changes on here does it?
Yes, unless it's 3-0 at ht it's a failure. We're dominating and winning. This type of football usually pays dividends later in the game when the opponent tires and loses concentration. Plus, Sunderland are parking the bus which is never easy to score against.

Exciting to see the plan put in motion, tactics never dreamed of in this country on show today. The shape seems good, passing in general is good but sloppy at times, towards the end it started to unravel at little but things like that are to be expected in such a short period of time.

Hopefully see us begin to speed up and become more comfortable with the system and that is when things will begin to click.

I go for 2-0 today ending with 70% possession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.