Match Thread | Newcastle vs Man City (12/01/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hertsblue said:
Hopefully we can regroup at half time.
Ref has lost it big time. Every foul for us seems to be a yellow now and anything soft now will be given to Newcastle 2nd half. 80% possession they had in the last 15 mins. Keep that up and we will lose this.
Need to get a grip in the middle but they are playing like they are possessed at the moment

This. He's been letting them get away with a lot of fouling, wheras Ferna and Zab got yellows for comparatively minor challenges. They should be down to 10 men now, with 4-5 yellows if he wasn't being onesided in his card decisions (yes I know they have 2 yellow, but one was entirely self-inflicted for kicking the ball away in a temper tantrum).

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Those saying it was offside, would you not be slightly aggrieved if we were losing 1-0 and that happened to us?

I would be fuming.

I would be pissed off but the player stood in front of Hart is interfering with play, IMO any player on the pitch is interfering with play otherwise what are they doing on the pitch.

The ref will even this up second half he's not having the best of games can see this going to 10 v 10

Chippy_boy said:
How many times do we have to go in front and then struggle? Apart from Chelsea away, I cannot remember a away game where we haven't taken lead. But for whatever reason, whether it's us taking our foot off the gas, or the opponents upping their game, we go to pieces. Newcastle comfortably the better side for 35 minutes = utter garbage from us.
Garbage???fuck me

Lucky Toma said:
Ducado said:
Lucky Toma said:
Legitimate goal for me and Newcastle have every right to be mightily pissed off.

Unfortunately Pardew will inevitably trot out the big club bias arguement after the goal when in fact its the officials just making a huge cock-up.

Newcastle player in an offside position & less than a foot from the ball & had to move out of the way. That's interfering with play!

But he wasnt obstructing Hart's vision. As others have said we'd be fuming if the situation was reversed.
Your right toma
Not one person should be saying the ref got that right,he didn't,terrible mistake
I'll take it though.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
paphos-mcfc said:
Think they'll be trouble there if we get the 3 points. Bit nasty the Geordies with a few Newkie browns in 'em.

You'll be reet in Cyprus

Always think about fellow blues though, been there when it's kicked off before. Not a nice experience mate.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Those saying it was offside, would you not be slightly aggrieved if we were losing 1-0 and that happened to us?

I would be fuming.

Does that change the rules?

He was offside and committed an offence by interfering with play.

It's clearly a goal that should have stood, and in the same position against us I'd be fucking raging.

But, the pundits keep going on about impeding Hart's sight, so what has happened to interfering with play? He had to move out of the way of the ball, so basically a dummy, so he has to be interfering. I think the pundits have forgotten the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.