Match Thread | Newcastle vs Man City (19/12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty poor, don't look sharp at all but we are 2 up so that's all that matters.

It is a fair representation.

Newcastle have a good midifeld. They are aggressive and direct and have a lot of numbers there.

They have a shit attack and a shit defence. So when their good midfield gets beaten, we score. When their good midfield gets the better of ours, they don't score.
we had basically 2 chances the entire half, one of them an awful defensive blunder and one a banger from outside the box. they apparently deserved a penalty. i think 2-0 is flattering.

Still got an uneasy feeling about this (which isn’t like me) as I feel we are slightly off it and giving them more attacking opportunities than I can remember for a long time.

Also the fact that they are pretty reckless in the challenges today and I think Atkinson won’t need much persuasion to send off Rodri.

We need to box clever second half, pop the ball in the fridge and strangle the fuck out of the game.

I’d actually be tempted to take off Rodri to protect him.

I don’t think Pep will be satisfied with that half of football despite the score.

I just know he would blow 1 second after the 1 minute of added time - we had possession, now if they had won it back…

Reactions: kun
I think some players get unfair stick as much as the next guy, but I don't think Newcastle have had much to do with players missing basic 5 yard passes and the movement being non-existent in the middle. Still, we are strolling, and every season has games like this, it's not a massive deal.

If half a dozen players are messing up passes, it's probably because Newcastles have grown the grass longer and not watered the pitch, something Howe did when we went to Bournemouth all the time, and Newcastle players also underhit a bunch of passes as well.

Been a very strange game this

Yeah, oddest game I have seen all season. It’s really disjointed and didn’t seem like much football was played.. seemed like a half filled with bad errors from both teams. In the moments where it has had any rhythm in terms of flow the football has been shit on a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.