Match Thread | Newcastle vs. Man City (28/09/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akanji is undroppable. would like us to go back to the four centre backs tbh with akanji right sided and stones in the midfield hyrbid role. captain seems to have gone to walker’s head
Been saying this...Pep thinks otherwise, crazy to doubt him.

Walker has a good game, whereas it's not happening for Gundogan today. Not what I would have predicted. They are still a threat running at our defence, particularly on our left. I'm glad Jack is in the side, we control the game better than with Doku and they are pretty good on the counterattack. Let's hope we get through the next half without conceding. I'd be happy with that.

Fairly entertaining game with both teams being equally good and equally poor at varying stages of the half.

Only Gündoğan in the midfield is getting consistently involved in the game. Yeah things haven’t come off for him and he looks about 40 when running back, but he’s done more than Lewis and Kovačić combined. Those two need to get involved in the game. Deep midfield is where Yaya and Rodri had/have 120+ touches of the ball in games and dictate(d) play. I’d be surprised if Lewis and Kovačić had twenty passes combined that half.

I’d rather take one of those two off because at some point Gündoğan’s constant involvement is going to end in a goal or assist.

Bernardo quiet n’all but he’s not playing centrally.

Grealish, Gvardiol and the back four and keeper have all been good.

Newcastle also been randomly good and bad n’all.
Gotta be worst take I’ve read so far. Expecting Rico and Kova to completely dominate this Newcastle midfield. Gundo been a pub player today but let’s keep him on and lose a DM against a dangerous Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.