Match Thread | RB Leipzig vs Man City (04/10/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something wrong in the ranks?? No cohesion. Passing all over the place, defence stretch on very counter… what’s going on? Yeah I know we are 1-0 up but it should be more
A? I saw a very good half without straining ourselves or conceding much. They played most of the half very forward based 4-2-4 defence, covering most of passing lanes or the whole zone. I am surprised we didn't try a few over-the-top balls to Erling or even Foden/Bernardo, as there is good 15-20 yards between their back line and GK.
I think it needs to be accepted that in games like this one - which is 80%+ games - Erling is a problem, because we almost play with a player down because he is not involved at all. So one of our CBs/FBs gets sucked in towards their box to get five-on-the-ball around the box and it is causing us problems when turned over.
Just wake up coming on the pitch and I don't see problems scoring at least one or two more.

This has been a very good performance so long as we keep it going. Little bit like the first half against Newcastle, we just can’t let that level drop and switch off and let them into the game.

At what point do some fans stop thinking it's everyone else's fault and start putting even a little bit of blame on Haaland himself?
He’s getting enough chances to score. Maybe even more than last season. He’s just out of form and missing everything. He be fine obviously. Just very frustrating waiting

I'd replace Stones with Akanji, but i reckon this formation and players make a great team.
I would replace Walker with Stones.
Last year we were at our best with the 4 centre halves at the back with Stones okaying the false 6 role.

Stress free first half with almost total domination of the ball. We could, and probably should have scored two more.

I still dont like Akanji playing so far up. He just doesn’t look comfortable there.

is It just me me or does Ruben Dias just not look like the same player this season. I have never seen him give the ball away as much as he has the past few weeks.
Needs John boy next to him.

Decent enough 1st half. In command for the vast majority of it.

Foden and Rico the positives. Rico looks far more comfortable in the middle of the park. He might have come in as a right back but he looks much better in midfield.

Not loving us having the most potent striker in world football and not creating anything for him. I’ve lost count of the number of runs Haaland has made off the shoulder of the defender and we just point-blank refuse to play him in. If the players have been told to be risk-averse, then Haaland might as well be told to conserve his energy and stop making the runs.

I’m not sure what Grealish is up to either. Seems more interested in winning fouls than scoring or assisting. Only seems to want to beat players when running towards our own goal. Has Doku breathing down his neck now, needs to up his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.