Match Thread | Real Madrid vs Man City (09/04/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland, might as well have a 3 piece suite up front.
Waste of time having him this season.
He basically gets man marked by the two centre backs and we don’t offer him support.
Either get up there and help drag the defenders about or find the space.

Madrid nicking the ball in midfield then hammering us down the channels only a matter of time til these transitions murder us.
Not seen us lose so many balls in midfield due to a poor first touch-is it the pitch? Rodri looks like did against Palace first half-knackered.

Honestly we played well mostly. After the goal, the team tried to go for the 2nd, and that was the mistake. If we would have played like we did in the last 30 min, this would still be 0-1. Now we are in a tricky situation. Do we risk going down two goals to get a draw?

I am confident he will improve in the second half, but Rodri has just topped Saturday for his worst half of the season. And this time our setup had nothing to do with it. He gave away the ball more in that half, often under little pressure, than he has all season.

That said, Bernie (goal aside), Kovacic, and Haaland were all pretty poor. Foden was barely involved. And the luck as left Ortega.

Wondering if Kev isn’t the only one unwell.

Trust Pep will make the necessary changes, tell a few they need to show us why they are reigning champions, and we come out far more solid and focused.

Get Alvarez on Haaland off

Not really sure that's the problem.... we can't seem to get the ball from midfield even into Foden, so I'm not sure we can get it to Alvarez either

I don't think the lineup is the problem, it's our midfielders playing very sloppily and our build-up play being too tentative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.