Match Thread | Real Madrid vs Man City (09/04/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I allowed myself to switch from being a realist to a misguided optimist after those two muppet teams didn't manage to run away with the title from probably pep's the flakiest team. 45 minutes against not very impressive RM was like watching every single game this season, but the most important one every time we stumble upon a team that wants it, we squeak.

Haaland really does offer less than nothing. I don't expect him to score 10 goals a game, but the occasional victory in a battle of strength might be nice. Just the wrong player for this type of game and it's like playing with 10.

WE NEVER PASS HIM THE FUCKING BALL.

Gvardiol is the only player other than the goalkeeper who has given him anything, i would be tearing my hair out watching our midfield pass the ball side to side accomplishing nothing all game.

Grealish and Haaland are the only ones who have offered any attacking threat all game.

We scored a good goal and conceded 2 unlucky ones. They're hitting us with pace primarily on their left and we simply don't have the pace to deal with it without Kyle.

Bit sloppy on the ball all over the pitch, Foden isn't getting enough of the ball and we're not creating enough for Haaland.

Got to tighten up, stop losing the ball so much and get numbers up the pitch in quality attacking situations. A narrow defeat isn't the end of the world, but of course a draw or win is better - and sitting back hoping they won't score again is a risk too.

very poor overall, losing possession killing us , they look dangerous on every attack while we refuse to make shots, passes into the box or crossing. Grealish beating the defender and cross looks impossible. turn back recycle and Rodri, bernardo, Stones give it away after trying to hold onto it too long. even Real maybe surprised how easily they can take it off of us.

Haaland is useless as we dont even try to use him. Foden is also lost. Kovacic adds nothing, defensively we are not more stable with him, going forward he is poor man's Gundo without the assists or goals.
We will be lucky to get out of this with any chance ..id say try and sit deep and leather it for Haaland to cause some bother. Hes magic at 1 v 1 's from the ball over the top.

We obviously came here for a draw, nobody can convince me otherwise. We’re trying to be extra cautious on the ball, no runs of any note, just to try to prevent counters and take it back to the Etihad.

Now the problem Pep has is what to do whilst 1 goal down. I honestly think we’ll stay the same and try to either keep it as it is or get lucky with another goal. If we go more ambitious we could be more threatening OR we could actually face double or triple the amount of counters and ship 4 or 5. This is the dilemma that will be in Pep’s head.

I think we’ll stay the same but try to cut out the sloppiness. From here, with the bad luck we’ve had before and during the game, I think Pep takes a 1 goal defeat knowing we’d be well in it at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.