Match Thread | Slovan Bratislava vs. Man City (01/10/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree with others that despite our domination and the scoreline, I don’t think we’ve actually played particularly well. Not horrible, but I can’t imagine Pep will be especially happy with it.

The stats and scoresheet are more down to this being very poor opposition (and then getting quite lucky on three occasions with shots hitting the woodwork).

Ilkay, deflected goal aside, has looked just as off as against Newcastle, unfortunately, and Nunes looks to be rather nervous. Akanji has been uncustomarily shaky and Savinho has been sloppy.

Phil has generally been good, though, and Rico has been his usual brilliant self. I think Ortega, Stones, and Gvardiol have also been solid, if not particularly tested.

Perhaps we can attribute the first half to playing down to the opposition, but I would rather not see us doing that. We can conserve energy and avoid injury once we are in control and up two, but I don’t think there is ever anything to be gained by getting complacent and careless.

At any rate, I am sure Pep will have a word with the team to tighten things up a bit and put them to the sword in the first 15 minutes of the second half so we can rest/protect a few ahead of the Fulham match, which I think will be tougher than many believe.

Dominating but these are conference level. We just don’t look like an elite European team. Something just not right with us for a few games now.

We really need another striker who operates like Aguero or tevez not halland all the time. We are so predictable & if nobody looks for erling it’s pointless playing him especially when teams just sit back so much.
Foden has had 2 clear chances to slip him in and just ignoring Erl

Dominating but these are conference level. We just don’t look like an elite European team. Something just not right with us for a few games now.

We really need another striker who operates like Aguero or tevez not halland all the time. We are so predictable & if nobody looks for erling it’s pointless playing him especially when teams just sit back so much.
I agree. I don't want to sound like an entitled Rag/ Dipper and god knows I've lived through dark days supporting this club, but we are really not entertaining or exciting to watch at the moment. Something not gelling at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.