Match Thread | Slovan Bratislava vs. Man City (01/10/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why the new format is daft, City could run the risk of running up a rugby score and getting nothing out of the game, Plus the chances of picking up an injury to another key player will be in the back of the minds

Haaland Foden Gundogan should not be coming out in the 2nd half because its pointless
Nailed on, shit draw due to GD in the next round coz City. lol

We need to get Gvardiol and Stones on the ball more and get some proper control to the pace of our play.

It’s 100mph and erratic as fuck.

Everything has been rushed, every run is wrong, every pass is over or under hit, every cross and shot is shit… calm down in possession and there’s 6 or 7 in this game for us.

I tend to agree with others that despite our domination and the scoreline, I don’t think we’ve actually played particularly well. Not horrible, but I can’t imagine Pep will be especially happy with it.

The stats and scoresheet are more down to this being very poor opposition (and then getting quite lucky on three occasions with shots hitting the woodwork).

Ilkay, deflected goal aside, has looked just as off as against Newcastle, unfortunately, and Nunes looks to be rather nervous. Akanji has been uncustomarily shaky and Savinho has been sloppy.

Phil has generally been good, though, and Rico has been his usual brilliant self. I think Ortega, Stones, and Gvardiol have also been solid, if not particularly tested.

Perhaps we can attribute the first half to playing down to the opposition, but I would rather not see us doing that. We can conserve energy and avoid injury once we are in control and up two, but I don’t think there is ever anything to be gained by getting complacent and careless.

At any rate, I am sure Pep will have a word with the team to tighten things up a bit and put them to the sword in the first 15 minutes of the second half so we can rest/protect a few ahead of the Fulham match, which I think will be tougher than many believe.
haaland has been exceptional and you never mention him

Yes and no. This is probably the easiest game we'll play but we're not absolutely finishing it off.
We're two up, playing well without getting out of second gear. People are talking about GD; I'm guessing that if we win 5 of the 8 league matches, we'll comfortably qualify. Maybe as few as four could be enough. As for it being the easiest; we'll see. Sparta at home should be fairly straightforward.

who should we get to be the pundits for man city against cannon fodder? i know two centre halves from 15-20 years ago, they’ll be amazing at the tika taka analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.