Match Thread | Spurs vs Man City (21/11/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At risk of being called a Rag.

I wasn't actually thrilled Pep signed a contract extension.

I thought we should have waited until we see how this season pans out.

The football for me is best described as "Franken football"

Pointless possession,pass,pass,pass,

It is getting boring to watch.

I cant be the only one who is getting bored with watching the same tactics every game.
He's a big job on his hands and if he thinks a 34yr old little dude is going to transform this team, I am worried

What is it they actually do it training? Certainly not shooting practice, another game 11 shots but just 3 on target

It’s the things Rodri doesn’t do that makes him not good enough. He does good things, he’s a good player, but not good enough.

Far too often he just stands still and allows the opposition midfield to stand in gaps where we can’t pass through the midfield. The pass doesn’t have to be to Rodri, it’s the space he doesn’t create by not moving midfielders around with constant movement that means we can’t pass through to our attacking mids from defence.

Also, when he gets the ball, nothing major ever happens.
He set up the goal that was disallowed.

All the attacking midfielders are rubbish. Bernie, Kev, mahrez, Torres have not created one clear goal scoring chance. We just run into a packed defence because we are so slow transitioning from back to front. No idea what the hell has got into these attacking players.
Just shows something is clearly wrong with our coaching and/or tactic. They look different players playing for their countries yet predictable and no threat when with us. Been no improvement in any of our issues for 18 months so you have to ask why are the same issues happening game after game

Nothing to do with individuals, it's the system they are told to play, defenders in a Pep team are hung out to dry

Why were they not struggling in our title winning season? I don’t think it is just down to Pep. He didn’t have problems with his defenders at Barca or Bayern.

We simply have to change the pace of our attacks, Sterling and Foden will give us the pace we need, Jesus and Ferran can score for fun - but only if they get service, sorry but Bernie and Mahrez have to come off

You just know after our players score 386 goals in the international period they come back and can’t manage 1 against this shower of shite.

Mahrez is such a black sheep in this team.

As I find myself saying match after match when he’s starting, he’s a super sub when we need a moment of magic and nothing more for us.

He’s detriment to the way we play and I find it baffling that Pep puts up with it when he’s not even producing goals/assists this season like he did last year.

The fact Foden’s on the bench for him just continues to infuriate me.
We bought him, we should work with him, or it reflects badly on all those responsible for recruiting him. It was a mistake though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.