Match Thread | West Ham vs Man City (07/08/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominate them, tire them. Keeper off, their second biggest threat with knock, making them fear countering.

It’s the first 45 minutes of the season away from home to a side that gave us all manner of problems last season.

What did you expect, 0-5 at halftime?
So ball retention with barely any attacking?

I agree they will tire but it was a poor showing.

Yeah, first 5 they came at us as youd expect. But since they have done little. Lets hope that lasts
All that stemmed from a stupid pass from Cancelo. Other than that they have been poor. They have to come out more now but will probably leave it until 70 mins unless we score again.

Pep once again has a set up in a really different formation with the ball. The guy never fails to amaze me

Jack's happy to stroll about in first gear and offer no assist or goal threat, take lots of touches and then pass it back 10 yards. That's all ok if Pep deems his contribution to be satisfactory.
I think Grealish has been fine and generally done what Guardiola will have wanted from him. Same with Foden on the other side. They aren't going to take unnecessary risks. Keep the ball and wear West Ham down.

creative skills of Foden, Grealish not much in use. lesser players could stick to the line and pass it back at smallest pressure or defender being close. bit surprise both Walker, Cancelo seems to play inverted fullback. probably watching out for bowen and track him from bit closer which is clever given what happened on last game;

fitness level still not high of our players, keep it bit slower today, try to keep this lead and i am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.