Match Thread | Wolves vs. Man City (20/10/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually played well there but there’s no escaping the fact we are absolutely gifting a goal to the opposition every game. Look at how hard we have to work for goals every game in comparison.
It was an excellently executed counter-attack.
The good:

Gvardiol is absolute class.

Doku looks threatening, even if he continues to frustrate with his end product.
Agreed, although Doku hung him out to dry with the RB break for their goal.
The bad:
Lewis absolutely asleep on their goal. Still not convinced about having a 5 foot tall RB, who clearly struggles to defend. He is tidy in the middle of the park but the trade-off just doesn’t add up for me. He’s not THAT good on the ball, that you accept that level of defensive weakness.
Mistaken on all counts.

The CF scored and Stones let him in behind while Rico ran 50 yds to try to recover. Wasn’t EVER Rico’s man, as he’s playing RM, not RB, for 90% of the game.

If the goal had come from a breaking midfielder, maybe.
The midfield of Kova and Gundo gives me nightmares. So, so easy to play through.
Wolves are no good and I would hope that we can push on in the 2nd half.
Wolves are not bad. Compact, fast, organized.

There is nothing negative one can say against Kova or Gundo so far in this game other than they don’t have much edge of the box threat, but they need to have a shot or two.

Doyle on now, so there’s another Wolves goal, probably from a free kick! ;-)

Rodri is our midfield. He's everything, he stops counters , brings energy, he knows when to intercept and control play. We miss him massively. We need to get a CDM in January, that midfield is too open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.