Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has played at DM and failed?

Last year I bet you said Delph wasn't a left back.

Two years earlier I bet you said Kimmich and Alba weren't DMs.

Before that I bet you said Mascherano wasn't a CB.

Difference is they were already at the clubs when they were tried at their new positions. Fair enough it worked in those examples. But I don’t think you would buy a player hoping you could mould him.

No chance we pump out £60-70m for him. He’s not even a DM from what I can see of him. Why fund Reals move for Hazard by paying for a player that doesn’t even get much run out for them? That’s all I need to know.

Seems like a lazy link to me.

I really cant see us paying that either mate. I could see Real trying it on but no way we'd be pushed into doing a deal at that price point.

I was wrong with my earlier assessment of £60m. Its £80m according to the Spanish sports press.
Would payinng up an extra £7m for Jorginho really have been too much?

Yep I agree.

Whether it's this player or not, other teams know we want a DM and they won't have long to find a replacement so will now ask for high prices.

Think the club has tried to be too cute and clever and tried to penny pinch.

Now we either pay way more than we could have done or go with just Fernandinho with a backup of Gundogan, Danilo and Delph (neither of these 3 are good enough imo)

Yes. And they won’t sell Casemeiro but they’ll unload Kovacic...stay away imo.
It was well known who our options were if no Jorginho, also well known that any valuation for those options would increase if we didn't get him. No way city brass would have said "we won't budge on the target we want but will pay at least 10 again million more for a fall back." We either go in for a shorter term stop gap who will be much less than Jorg or we'll do nothing we won't pay an overly inflated price just to get a body.

No chance we pump out £60-70m for him. He’s not even a DM from what I can see of him. Why fund Reals move for Hazard by paying for a player that doesn’t even get much run out for them? That’s all I need to know.

Seems like a lazy link to me.
We should ask for a loan. The guy wants out like James. Just do a 2 year loan with a 40 million options. :)

If we were interested that is :)

Difference is they were already at the clubs when they were tried at their new positions. Fair enough it worked in those examples. But I don’t think you would buy a player hoping you could mould him.
Yaya Toure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.