Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Pep has never had a destroyer in his teams and given it just frankly will never suit our way of play, why would he get one?

Honestly, even if Dinho enhances our defensive solidity, he limits our build-up play relative to what Pep would presumably like in his team. It's been posted too many times already on some threads but Alonso and Busquets did bits as DLPs in his teams. Given Dinho can't do that as well, Pep's made KDB drop deep (at the cost of his devastating productivity going forward) for most of the season.

So wouldn't you say getting a DLP who has far superior build-up play and a better passing range than Dinho (even at the cost of a little bit of defensive solidity which isn't paramount when we've got avg. 70% possession) is a more effective choice overall? Allows KDB to rip teams in forward positions and superior playmaking from deep by whoever comes in at DM.
Don`t get all this shit that Fernandinho doesn`t fit the system etc. We just won two trophies this season, reached 100 points in the league, and we were potentially the best English team ever, with Fernandinho as our first choice DM, but still there are people who want to replace him and have a completely different player. Pep is a genius, and if he wants a Jorginho/Kovacic type of midfielder, I trust that one of them would be a good fit, but considering we`re a very offensive team, that makes us vulnerable on the counter if we face many quick players, and therefore I would like someone like Dinho, who`s quick, athletic, strong, can defend well and protect the back four. I know I`m just a silly twat, and Pep knows a lot better than me, but I think we would concede way more with Jorginho than Fernandinho. On the other hand, Jorginho`s great passing could potentially help us score even more goals than this year, but Fernandinho has been incredibly important this season, and many fans underrate him. He might not be a world-class passer, but he`s still one heck of a player

This would be a dream signing. A joy to watch. I would have him over any other target.

Don`t get all this shit that Fernandinho doesn`t fit the system etc. We just won two trophies this season, reached 100 points in the league, and we were potentially the best English team ever, with Fernandinho as our first choice DM, but still there are people who want to replace him and have a completely different player. Pep is a genius, and if he wants a Jorginho/Kovacic type of midfielder, I trust that one of them would be a good fit, but considering we`re a very offensive team, that makes us vulnerable on the counter if we face many quick players, and therefore I would like someone like Dinho, who`s quick, athletic, strong, can defend well and protect the back four. I know I`m just a silly twat, and Pep knows a lot better than me, but I think we would concede way more with Jorginho than Fernandinho. On the other hand, Jorginho`s great passing could potentially help us score even more goals than this year, but Fernandinho has been incredibly important this season, and many fans underrate him. He might not be a world-class passer, but he`s still one heck of a player

The difference between Fern and anybody on the planet, creating forward movement from a deep position is marginal, he is brilliant at it & KDB will still often appear in that deep area even if we sign Jorginho Kovacic or anybody. As will Silva. It's what we do.

It's a load of codswallop people putting rules into how Pep wants to play.
He tried to sign Fred in Dec. He isn't Jorginho.

It's about variety & extra legs, nothing more.

Kovacic is known for his ability to drive forward from deep positions. I watched him when he was at Inter (inter are almost like I second team to me, please don't hurt me). He is quality. Can he play as a lone pivot? I guess the jury is out on that still, but he is a quality player that's gotten short shrift at Real Madrid.

Spot on pal

Sorry Delphino, but this is a bit of a bait and switch argumant you just pulled. No one argues or argued that Dihno couldn't play in our system. Obviously he already did. The argument is that others who have different skillsets also can.

You have flipped the argument on hits head by acting like folks think Dihno can't play DM. Rather it's those who think only Dihno or a Dihno-lite (i.e Fabihno) are capable of doing the job. This is clearly false seeing as the team has done well playing without Dihno or a Dihno-lite player (i.e Delph).

Kovacic by the way has a little more hustle than he is being given credit for. Less like Gundo or Jorghino.p

Genuine question. If he isn't a starter for Croatia why would he be a viable option for us ? Considering his terrible work rate and no proven team believing he's reliable. More chance of Maddie being found in rauls basement .

Really would love Kovacic, think he is a fantastic player but with Jorginho now done, this is unlikely to happen. Maybe only if the Gundogan to Barca rumours have some truth and Gundogan wanted to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.