Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather give Delph the role rather than bring in Kovacic. Not an impressive player at all, and would cost 50m+. No thanks.

In this market, his 50m release clause is a 'steal' for someone who is suppose to be the heir to Modric.

His on the ball ability is phenomenal, and he was improved defensively loads. Would be very happy if we got him instead of Jorginho, Im good with either one tbh.

I'd rather give Delph the role rather than bring in Kovacic. Not an impressive player at all, and would cost 50m+. No thanks.

You’ve seemingly never watched him before if you’re stating he ‘isn’t impressive at all’. He’s an excellent player and still young. He’d be a monster in this team. As much as I love Delph, the fact you’re suggesting he’d do a better job than Kovacic says a lot.

Havent seen much of this guy but it seems he can play as a No6 or No8 position in midfield and I like that flexibility, as it brings more value to the squad....Jorginho seems to just play a No6 position...he might be better at that position than Kovacic but without the flexibility going forward...either player improves us, lets hope we get one signed!;)

Jorginho's a better player for sure but I think Kovacic would be the better signing. Younger, higher ceiling and more exciting to watch. When compared to Jorginho, Fernandinho and Lemina, Kovacic comes out well on top for pass accuracy and (surprisingly) successful tackles.

Jorginho's a better player for sure but I think Kovacic would be the better signing. Younger, higher ceiling and more exciting to watch. When compared to Jorginho, Fernandinho and Lemina, Kovacic comes out well on top for pass accuracy and (surprisingly) successful tackles.
I agree. Would personally like to sign another Fernandinho or a destroyer at DM with great physicality and defending, but if Pep wants a Jorginho/Kovacic type, I`m 100% sure either of Jorginho or Kovacic would be a great signing

I agree. Would personally like to sign another Fernandinho or a destroyer at DM with great physicality and defending, but if Pep wants a Jorginho/Kovacic type, I`m 100% sure either of Jorginho or Kovacic would be a great signing

Danilo Pereira?

Danilo Pereira?
Don`t watch Portuguese football, so I`ve never seen him. I think Fabinho could have been a good signing, but if Pep wants a more technically gifted player with great passing, I believe either of Jorginho or Kovacic would be a good signing

Considering Pep has never had a destroyer in his teams and given it just frankly will never suit our way of play, why would he get one?

Honestly, even if Dinho enhances our defensive solidity, he limits our build-up play relative to what Pep would presumably like in his team. It's been posted too many times already on some threads but Alonso and Busquets did bits as DLPs in his teams. Given Dinho can't do that as well, Pep's made KDB drop deep (at the cost of his devastating productivity going forward) for most of the season.

So wouldn't you say getting a DLP who has far superior build-up play and a better passing range than Dinho (even at the cost of a little bit of defensive solidity which isn't paramount when we've got avg. 70% possession) is a more effective choice overall? Allows KDB to rip teams in forward positions and superior playmaking from deep by whoever comes in at DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.