Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like...
Out: Phillips, Cancelo, Palmer & maybe Walker
In: Kovacic, Bellingham, Veiga & a superfast fullback (right or left sided) if Walker goes

Palmer would have a buy back or just go on loan.

I know it'd leave us with a gazillion midfielders but most have the ability to play anywhere. Total football !!! :-)

[Basically I can't stomach losing Bernardo, Gundogan or Laporte. Like I couldn't stomach losing Jesus last year]

Based on players we have been linked with:

Gvardiol for Laporte and Cancelo (Ake is our new Cancelo)

Kovacic for Phillips

Bellingham for Gundog

That would do. Hope to god Bernardo stays, would be too much to lose him and Gundog.
Kvaratzkhelia from Napoli next year maybe when Mahrez will be 32/33.
We need to have a plan should Bernie leave/offer comes in. We have to have plan a player plan b player etc. Who that player is no one seems to know. Maybe someone moves inside and we go for a winger

Kovacic for Phillips

Bellingham for Gundog

That would do. Hope to god Bernardo stays, would be too much to lose him and Gundog.
I agree with your ins and outs,
but Aké is defo NOT our new Cancelo!
Aké can defend and is the opposite of a difficult character.

Gómez gave some hints yesterday that he can play the inverted mid role quite well (but is limited in defence as well).

I agree with your ins and outs,
but Aké is defo NOT our new Cancelo!
Aké can defend and is the opposite of a difficult character.

Gómez gave some hints yesterday that he can play the inverted mid role quite well (but is limited in defence as well).
No hes definately a different type of defender, what I meant was Ake takes Cancelo's place in the pecking order, but Im sure we will probably be after a new left back. Im just not sure we need one with due to Ake's great season.

Philips out for kovacic.

Gundo/ Bernie out for Jude.

Phil to come inside and maybe we have room for another winger?

Laporte out for another CB/lb and that’s us.

Probably not spend too much.

Bernie going will be a hard pill to swallow.
Bernardo will not be going. You can bank on that.

Good player, but unless I'm wrong, were we to sign him, I think he'd be Guardiola's oldest outfield signing since Nolito, so I just don't think he would fit our current blueprint of buying younger with the idea of developing.
Kovacic can sign for 3 years and still be 6 months younger in June of '26 than Gundo is right now. Just saying. I get the blueprint and all but sometimes exceptions must be made. Getting a veteran like Kovacic is definitely a unique opportunity to bolster the squad. We would get the back end of his prime, his age 29, 30, and 31 seasons at a minimum at an extremely reasonable price. No need for a sell on profit down the road. The guy has been a key member of 4 CL winners and 1 EL winner as well as a runner up and 3rd place finisher in the past 2 WCs. Technically great and relies on his tactical acumen to succeed. He's a no brainer for this squad at 30 mil and a 2 or 3 year deal.

Kovacic for Phillips

Bellingham for Gundog

I've never seen kvaradona play on the right, but I've only watched Napoli a few times this year so as much as hes high quality, I don't see how he fits in with clearly that left sided role being grealish's/fodens

Kovacic is fine as a back up but we need to sign someone to push rodri and kovacic ain't that.Bellingham for gundo is obviously a dream scenario.

I've never seen kvaradona play on the right, but I've only watched Napoli a few times this year so as much as hes high quality, I don't see how he fits in with clearly that left sided role being grealish's/fodens
Kvaradona?
Is that what Napoli fans call him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.