Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
All fair points. Plenty who haven't settled, and I'll stick by my original claim that he's average, so even if he does settle quickly he's nothing more than average and 30+ very soon.
Agree and I’d be surprised if we bought him, doesn’t fit the profile

All fair points. Plenty who haven't settled, and I'll stick by my original claim that he's average, so even if he does settle quickly he's nothing more than average and 30+ very soon.
You might be right as a signing I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Bit part players though if we're being honest. There's plenty that do take 2 years, review the grealish and rodri threads for prime examples
Ortega is a "bit part player" because we need him in that position, I look forward to seeing him start Saturday. I'd have no problem with him starting in the PL in a full strength side.
The same applies for Alvarez. The guy is quality, however there's no guarantee of getting into that front 3 unless you're Haaland or Haaland is injured.
(Edit - must remember we're talking about Kovacic. It's a no for me. Seems to lack pace and not sure if he fits with Rodri)

Last edited:
Ortega is a "bit part player" because we need him in that position, I look forward to seeing him start Saturday. I'd have no problem with him starting in the PL in a full strength side.
The same applies for Alvarez. The guy is quality, however there's no guarantee of getting into that front 3 unless you're Haaland or Haaland is injured.
Can't disagree with you.

Has Shaqiri to Liverpool vibes (he actually did well as a squad player for a season or so when they were good). Not very exciting though.

Starts/Minutes played from the 1/4 final onwards in those 4 CL wins.

2016 - 0/ 2'
2017 - 0 / 6'
2018 - 1/ 103'
2021 - 1/ 100'

Never started a final, 1 start out of 8 semi-finals, 1 start out of 8 quarter finals.

I would imagine he holds the record for fewest minutes played in CL finals (12 minutes total) per medal - for outfield players at least.

I still think he's a decent player, a downgrade on Gundogan and Bernardo, but I couldn't care less about him having a front row seat to 4 CL finals he didn't have any input into at all.
If we win in Istanbul, one of our senior players is likely going to miss out on having played in the final but it shouldn’t diminish his service over the piece. It’s a squad game.

Good player on his day. You can see why City want to sign kovacic. As always, we won’t know if he is any good or not until he plays and settles into the team. It will be a relatively low fee so that is a positive and he can play in a few positions.

No point fretting over Bernardo leaving. Not many players can do what Bernardo does anyway. He loss will be tough to take. City don’t do like for like but more a natural progression of tactics and formations.

If he signs, I hope it works out. He is not a flashy player but more an Akanji/Ake feel which is great. Can’t have enough of those types of players.

Looks like we have the solution to everyone’s questions on who this deal effects. Just looks like we want more depth

Thank fuck for that - I have been saying to my dad that I'm hoping it's in addition to Bernardo/Gundo etc and not a replacement.

Also think there are opportunities for playing in a double pivot with Rodri, and Rodri being more box-to-box. Moving into back 4 OOP and attacking in possession - Rodri is superb and has it in his locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.