Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then feel sorry for Kovacic instead of pretending a medal cabinet full of trophies he had little to no part in winning makes him a great player.
It’s hardly pretending. If players have medals it’s because they have played their part in helping their club or country obtain them, but I suspect we’re not going to agree, so best leave it there.

The squad is definitely too small. Quadruple season we had 2 or 3 more players and we need that to compete on all fronts.

To be fair we are competing on all fronts with the ‘small squad’

I think we need one or two players extra for squad depth

Pep has probably wanted him for years then, at least since Madrid, maybe even since he was at Inter and Pep at Bayern, he was very high profile then.

Chelsea allow Kovacic to talk to Man City​

Chelsea have granted midfielder Mateo Kovacic permission to speak to champions Manchester City, report the Daily Telegraph.
Croatia international Kovacic has been on City’s list of summer targets, with discussions claimed to have been held over a move to the Etihad Stadium after Chelsea gave the green light.
Chelsea and City are yet to discuss a fee for Kovacic, who has a year remaining on his contract at Stamford Bridge and has attracted interest from Bayern Munich, but the 29-year-old is understood to favour a move to Manchester.
With Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount understood to have agreed personal terms with Manchester United, these potential departures would mark the start of a summer overhaul at the club under newly-appointed manager Mauricio Pochettino.

If Kovacic is trying to come to us. Does it mean it's a goodbye to Gundogan as it certainly feels so.
In the last month or so when we’ve tried to use more of the bench when comfortably winning (Leicester at home) and in games like Brighton and Brentford away, I think it’s clear to see we need better strength in depth.

To be fair we are competing on all fronts with the ‘small squad’

I think we need one or two players extra for squad depth

We binned off the Carabao early.

Previous years we’ve effectively binned off the fa cup at the semi final by playing such a weak team we know we’ll probably lose to rest people for the CL semis which are nearby.

If we want to go for every trophy all the way we need 2/3 more than we currently have. It’s not a big change, but it’s significant.

Kova would be just the player City need.

A finely seasoned player who has the characteristics we will need next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.