Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be a fantastic signing. He's a great player that pep can teach to play in pretty much any midfield position for us. We are incredibly light in midfield even if we manage to keep Gundo and Bernardo. there's easily room for him, rodri, phillips, gundo, Bernardo, kdb and kovacic would be 6 for 3 positions and the ability for some of them to play elsewhere, that's easily workable and you can even argue there's room for more if anything. the extra top class player will give us many more options as a squad.

He will instantly go up 2/3 levels having pep and top class players around him. I strongly suspect we will be looking back at this as a masterstroke signing. If any other side were reported to be signing him for the prices being quoted I'd be questioning why we aren't all over it.

This will be a fantastic signing. He's a great player that pep can teach to play in pretty much any midfield position for us. We are incredibly light in midfield even if we manage to keep Gundo and Bernardo. there's easily room for him, rodri, phillips, gundo, Bernardo, kdb and kovacic would be 6 for 3 positions and the ability for some of them to play elsewhere, that's easily workable and you can even argue there's room for more if anything. the extra top class player will give us many more options as a squad.

He will instantly go up 2/3 levels having pep and top class players around him. I strongly suspect we will be looking back at this as a masterstroke signing. If any other side were reported to be signing him for the prices being quoted I'd be questioning why we aren't all over it.
Agreed. Top post.

Top signing for a Pep midfield. Very tidy on the ball, press resistant and brings more bite and steel to us imo.

I know they are saying it isn’t related to outgoings but personally feel Bernardo is gone to PSG and that it will move quick after the CL final. Kovacic can replace what Bernardo gives when he plays as a deeper centre mid alongside Rodri but to replace what Bernardo gives us overall you need a couple of players.

Always impresses me when I watch him.. press resistance and a perfect cog for Pep ball. Grab another younger midfielder and we are set.

Smart business.

Not for me, a very good player and the price quoted he would be a bargain, but 25 goals in very nearly 500 appearances, the best ratio coming from Zagreb is pathetic compared to Gundogan, i have little doubt that Pep would love his experience in the side, but for me he does not improve the squad at anything, so why pay huge wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.