Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it in the other thread, but a kovacic and Rodri midfield is a nightmare for any team.

Two press resistant strong technical players who don't lose the ball. There's many times where Kovacic has been pressed by Liverpool and us and he just skips passed the midfielders. He's also a work horse in that midfield, for Croatia and for Chelsea when under Tuchel.

He's one of my favourite midfielders for how easy he makes it look sometimes to get away from tackles and drive with the ball.
+1

I said it in the other thread, but a kovacic and Rodri midfield is a nightmare for any team.

Two press resistant strong technical players who don't lose the ball. There's many times where Kovacic has been pressed by Liverpool and us and he just skips passed the midfielders. He's also a work horse in that midfield, for Croatia and for Chelsea when under Tuchel.

He's one of my favourite midfielders for how easy he makes it look sometimes to get away from tackles and drive with the ball.

What I would say, his head is always scanning.

Maybe only Phil and Gundo play like this for us, and Dave before them.

Bernie plays with his head down and likes to wait for feet around his own before getting free.

The others have eyes in the back of their heads.

1685639281443.png
Found this interesting from whoscored.
They rate his play for Croatia "much" then his Chelsea form over the past 18 months. For whatever that's worth.
If Chelsea somehow milk us for 40M on this, I would be shocked.
This fee should be no higher then 30-32M range.
I just have to trust Pep on this one, because I honestly don't see it.

He's technically perfect, can withstand a lot of pressure on the ball.

I'd say he carries little end product in terms of goals, although he is capable of a real banger.

For me, it's smart business because he will give us two or three good years and then we can go again.

There will be little drop off, certainly in terms of keeping the ball and moving through the lines, added to the fact he has won big at big clubs.

£30m these days doesn't even get you McTominay.
You would have to offer us a shedload more than that to take him off their hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.