Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love watching Kovacic. One of my Favourite non City players, like Moussa Dembele was when he played for Spurs. So technically gifted and press resistant.

Will go up a few levels with Pep's coaching influence.

Your last line is exactly why it’s such a good move for a great price? Pep will improve him further and will allow Rodri to have a little bit more rest.

View attachment 81469
Found this interesting from whoscored.
They rate his play for Croatia "much" then his Chelsea form over the past 18 months. For whatever that's worth.
If Chelsea somehow milk us for 40M on this, I would be shocked.
This fee should be no higher then 30-32M range.
I just have to trust Pep on this one, because I honestly don't see it.
I know we had an interest in him when Real wanted to loan him out & he ended up Chelsea, but I'm struggling to see the attraction too. \0/

I saw an earlier stat that he's played 10.1 line-breaking passes this season, marginally ahead of Rodders who's a CDM.

He strikes me as one of those Jordan Henderson all rounder types who's not a CDM, CAM nor a particularly creative midfield schemer either.

In Pep I trust, especially if we get Kovacic for a cheap price, but doesn't the rumoured price (£30m - £40m) & the apparent lack of competition for his signature say something?

I'm struggling to understand this one too...

It not about like for like its about quality
Replacing Sterling who was seriously in poor form for Grealish who has great ball retention was not a downgrade in my opinion. Fernandinho no matter how good he had been was showing signs of age, Getting Rodri was definitely not a downgrade, Rodri is definitely world class in his position.

Aguero and Haaland although completely different attributes both offered world class ability. Torres was a massive drop off compared to sane at his best.

For me Kovacic is a poor replacement for any of our midfield except for maybe Phillips. but still a massive drop off from the rest.
Massive is simply over the top...JMO

Reading through these pages, I really think people are underestimating how good Kovavic really is.

He's a class act.
True. Massive signing. But i think the people being realistically sceptic are the ones who see him as a replacement for Gundo or Bernardo, which the lastest reports doesn't suggest.

Reading through these pages, I really think people are underestimating how good Kovavic really is.

He's a class act.
I'm honestly nervous, because I think he hit his peak as a footballer in the 2019-2020 season when he was the player of the year for Chelsea.
He just hasn't been the same player since. In my opinion.

I just don't see the value at 29 years old, when we're one of the biggest clubs in the world. There are so many great central midfielder options in world football today who one would think would run to play under Pep.
If he is a squad player then fine, but if he is expected to play big mintues next year then I'm concerned.

I'm honestly nervous, because I think he hit his peak as a footballer in the 2019-2020 season when he was the player of the year for Chelsea.
He just hasn't been the same player since. In my opinion.

I just don't see the value at 29 years old, when we're one of the biggest clubs in the world. There are so many great central midfielder options in world football today who one would think would run to play under Pep.
If he is a squad player then fine, but if he is expected to play big mintues next year then I'm concerned.
Which players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.