Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which players?
Well it's a tough question to answer, because I would need to know if İlkay is coming back for two seasons (as reported) or leaving to Barca on a free.

If İlkay is gone, then we should be kicking the tires on players at the caliber of De Jong, Kimmich, Caicedo and Bellingham and forcing all to say no before we extend any of our transfer budget to Kovacic.

If İlkay is staying, then I agree a squad depth position for Kovacic makes sense. He just can't be expected to be in our starting eleven come next August.
I just don't think he is good enough for that.

Well it's a tough question to answer, because I would need to know if İlkay is coming back for two seasons (as reported) or leaving to Barca on a free.

If İlkay is gone, then we should be kicking the tires on players at the caliber of De Jong, Kimmich, Caicedo and Bellingham and forcing all to say no before we extend any of our transfer budget to Kovacic.

If İlkay is staying, then I agree a squad depth position for Kovacic makes sense. He just can't be expected to be in our starting eleven come next August.
I just don't think he is good enough for that.
Kovacic is being reported as a body added to our depth. No report suggest he replace anyone. Getting this level of player for 30 mil is impressive work. Anyone of those you mentioned costs 80m+

And yes, if Bernardo and/or Gundo goes both need replacing. But, as reports suggest, he's added for depth in 8 and 6

Kovacic is being reported as a body added to our depth. No report suggest he replace anyone. Getting this level of player for 30 mil is impressive work. Anyone of those you mentioned costs 80m+

And yes, if Bernardo and/or Gundo goes both need replacing. But, as reports suggest, he's added for depth in 8 and 6
Yes, all fair points.
I would just rather see another player added at squad depth is all.
Lavia with the buy back clause makes more sense in my opinion over an aging Kovacic.

Regardless, this looks like it is happening so I'll get on board and put my trust in Pep.

Yes, all fair points.
Lavia with the buy back clause makes more sense in my opinion over an aging Kovacic.

Regardless, this looks like it is happening so I'll get on board and put my trust in Pep.

But Lavia may not want to come back mate? A top class international player with huge experience with still at least 3 top years left in him for £30m ish?!

Yes, all fair points.

First off, Lavia and Kovacic, totally different players. City are in need of players with cl experience and the ability to just slot into it, Kovacic is that. And Lavia costs a lot more AND probably is in need of more gametime

But Lavia may not want to come back mate? A top class international player with huge experience with still at least 3 top years left in him for £30m ish?!
First off, Lavia and Kovacic, totally different players. City are in need of players with cl experience and the ability to just slot into it, Kovacic is that. And Lavia costs a lot more AND probably is in need of more gametime
I agree that they're different players, but this is Pep we're talking about.
Give him 11 footballers who can pass, press, and control the ball in tight spaces and he will make it work.

Lavia is certainly a player that can do all those things, and is 10 years younger.
You guys are correct that it is good value for Kovacic. I'm just nervous if this is are only midfield target for the summer.
Based on what Tolmie is saying, it doesn't sound like that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.