Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that they're different players, but this is Pep we're talking about.
Give him 11 footballers who can pass, press, and control the ball in tight spaces and he will make it work.

Lavia is certainly a player that can do all those things, and is 10 years younger.
You guys are correct that it is good value for Kovacic. I'm just nervous if this is are only midfield target for the summer.
Based on what Tolmie is saying, it doesn't sound like that is the case.
Based on what tolmie says, City aren't only signing Kovacic for the central midfield IF gundo and/or bernardo goes. Calma

Love watching Kovacic. One of my Favourite non City players, like Moussa Dembele was when he played for Spurs. So technically gifted and press resistant.

Will go up a few levels with Pep's coaching influence.

Dembele was a wonderful footballer. Spurs decline started when they got rid of him.

It’s a good squad signing, no harm adding a quality player to the squad, especially IF someone is to go.

We’ve a squad full of quality players who have title winning and Champions League experience, exciting times, and can see a good summer ahead for City.

But Lavia may not want to come back mate? A top class international player with huge experience with still at least 3 top years left in him for £30m ish?!
Lavia won’t be coming back imo, Pep was clear last summer he needs plenty of game time at the top level to improve and he won’t get that here. He did ok at Saints but he’s still nowhere near the level right now to be playing often at City.

He's technically perfect, can withstand a lot of pressure on the ball.

I'd say he carries little end product in terms of goals, although he is capable of a real banger.

For me, it's smart business because he will give us two or three good years and then we can go again.

There will be little drop off, certainly in terms of keeping the ball and moving through the lines, added to the fact he has won big at big clubs.

£30m these days doesn't even get you McTominay.
Moves like this are smart especially for a club that pumps so much into the academy. In 3 years we might have a ready made replacement, we don’t currently. It’s not like it’s a 100m 10year project. Great business.

Lavia won’t be coming back imo, Pep was clear last summer he needs plenty of game time at the top level to improve and he won’t get that here. He did ok at Saints but he’s still nowhere near the level right now to be playing often at City.

Agreed mate, no doubt we will be watching him to see if/how he develops for a potential future move.

Agreed mate, no doubt we will be watching him to see if/how he develops for a potential future move.
Absolutely mate. He’s certainly not to blame for Saints plight but fact is he impressed in that woeful side. He needs another step up in class imo, perhaps WHU or even BHA perhaps. If he is still the top player in those sides, fair play.

Finally somebody being realistic about Lavia, a young kid with loads of potential who is nowhere near ready to play a big role in a side like City. Maybe down the road in a couple of years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.