Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Wolves forum (don’t know how true)…

“We removed the release clause in his contract in January, generally under the understanding that if a CL club come into him that we wouldn't stand into his way. CL champions have and in his eyes, we are standing in his way, granted the market has changed, as evident enough that if you go back to the end of last season selling him for such a price would be considered a good deal.

All this has to be in the context that he joined Wolves as a stepping stone as was made clear when he signed. I don't doubt this was the vision that was sold to him.

I can't really get on board with criticism for him and his actions”

The majority are seeing a player through the wolves specs, much like kova; he’s an ace player who with the wrap around players we possess, is afforded the platform to shine…

Rodri has given the ball away more in the last 3 games than I’ve seen him do for 3 seasons, he needs rest bite at some point and in games we can sacrifice his undoubted influence, this type of player is key…

We have become spoiled with core players staying well past what we are use to; this is probably a short fix in comparison but a belting acquisition if it’s made!
He was pretty good in our win at Sporting. We were really clinical, but he bossed the midfield for long periods that night.

Pep has obviously remembered this, in the same way as Bernardo did for Monaco.

Last edited:
Transfer request is a huge gamble, because if we do not want to go above our valuation he’s stuck anyway and under a long contract too.

Mendes has probably advised him to take measures, and I highly doubt we’ve submitted a second bid just because (unless there was a hint of it accepted. Based on the window there’s been either a final bid or a second after talks, this follows suit).

From the Wolves forum (don’t know how true)…

“We removed the release clause in his contract in January, generally under the understanding that if a CL club come into him that we wouldn't stand into his way. CL champions have and in his eyes, we are standing in his way, granted the market has changed, as evident enough that if you go back to the end of last season selling him for such a price would be considered a good deal.

All this has to be in the context that he joined Wolves as a stepping stone as was made clear when he signed. I don't doubt this was the vision that was sold to him.

I can't really get on board with criticism for him and his actions”
Well there's another thing, would wolves really want to fall out with mendes? He's been pretty much director of football there for a while now

He also said that he admired and had been closely watching Nathan Redmond a few years ago.

Pep says a lot of things, and sometimes blows a lot of smoke.

The proof is in the pudding. Let's hope Nunes isn't one.
Doesn't mean that much, but Vinny's signed Redmond.
Something not quite right going on here, isn't he like the 8th or 9th choice after who we been in for in that position this summer?
Possibly 3rd/4th/5th if you believe the rumours?

Bellingham. Rice. Valverde. Kimmich.

The good thing is we can happily use him as we see fit, he's the right age too. Some of the others would have had very high expectations of being number one choice in their preferred position, and taken a fair bit more of the budget going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.