Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of us knows the full story on this one to be able to judge the player as some seem so keen to do at the moment - but if he’s felt the need to go on strike, and City are seriously considering walking away, it would be fair to assume Wolves are not being reasonable here.

Neither of those decisions will have been taken lightly, if true, so the rush to damn the player without understanding the full facts is not a great look.

And I have no sympathy whatsoever for Wolves’ current predicament. They’re in all sorts of financial bother due in part to the restrictions of FFP, yet were quite happy to sign up to a letter trying get us thrown out of the Premier League based on unproven accusations we’d fallen foul of the same rules.

Hoisted by their own sanctimonious, self-serving petard - I hope Nunes goes on strike for the whole season, frankly, and they get relegated as a result.

And we pick the player up for peanuts next summer.

You reap what you sow, you cheating cunts!

This lad is being crucified for refusing to train.
Being devil’s advocate I don’t think Nunez really wanted to leave Sporting for Wolves.
Let’s be honest, if you are a top player in Portugal would that be your dream move??
Sporting were desperate for the money and he was persuaded by his management who are hugely invested in Wolves to go as it put him in the shop window for bigger clubs.
Now the bigger club has come and he is desperate to jump ship.
He probably feels the club is blocking his move by asking for more money and is worried the whole thing will fall through hence downing tools.
He’s not the first to and won’t be the last.
Without knowing in full the details of the situation I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I think he’s an excellent player and would definitely add strength to our midfield in being a proper back up for Rodri.
Hope we sign him.
My feeling, exactly. Wolves and/or Mendes are to blame, especially for the release clause fiasco and empty promises.

I assume Mcatee on loan and Palmer on a per infant with a buy-back option?
Yeh that knob from the athletic for Brighton, who is reliable, has said they would only consider a permanent deal- no interest in a loan. They were potentially the club that were knocked back for 30m earlier in the window

Negotiations still ongoing. Feeling is Mcatee is key, Wolves won’t have to rush to get a replacement and it gives them time to identify his long term replacement.

An alternative to Nunes if the negotiations fail has been identified. However club still very confident on getting Nunes over the line.

Also keep an eye on Palmer & Brighton.
No sign of another incoming as well as Nunes right?

None of us knows the full story on this one to be able to judge the player as some seem so keen to do at the moment - but if he’s felt the need to go on strike, and City are seriously considering walking away, it would be fair to assume Wolves are not being reasonable here.

Neither of those decisions will have been taken lightly, if true, so the rush to damn the player without understanding the full facts is not a great look.

And I have no sympathy whatsoever for Wolves’ current predicament. They’re in all sorts of financial bother due in part to the restrictions of FFP, yet were quite happy to sign up to a letter trying get us thrown out of the Premier League based on unproven accusations we’d fallen foul of the same rules.

Hoisted by their own sanctimonious, self-serving petard - I hope Nunes goes on strike for the whole season, frankly, and they get relegated as a result.

And we pick the player up for peanuts next summer.
You are confusing two separate issues about Wolves their stance on us and FFP and a contractual issue with their own player .

You say none of us know what has gone on, which is true, but then you make an assumption that Wolves are at fault to suit your own stance and narrative.

Ultimately the player signed a contract, if there are no release clauses in his contract, that is solely down to him and his agent. He signed the contract.

This window has been so haphazardly managed yet I think if we get Nunes besides Doku Gvardiol and Kovacic it can be one of the better windows of the Pep reign.

And not one fucking release clause. Txiki doing a stones. Great as a CB great as a CDM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.