Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame phillips isn’t moving need him off for us and him as city isn’t the place for him anymore and is just sitting round getting his paycheck
That is down to him and his unwillingness to move in unfortunately as reported. The club would have liked him to move on this summer.

Completely agree with this, Wolves bought Nunes from Sporting and if you read what their fans wrote of his performances throughout last season, mainly disappointment eg misplaced passes, lack of effort, not committing to the tackle, sulking, slow on passing, unable to cope with the faster pace of the PL etc. One positive in early January was he was able to carry the ball forward well for a few matches, but later he then reverted lost the ball regularly as the season wore on. Also one good match in April when he scored. In the whole season only one goal and one assist!

He's not proven himself in the PL yet, despite 12 months here. We would probably get a much better player for our money looking to another European league.
Isn't it strange the best team in the world want to sign the pisspoor player you are describing?

Maybe City don't care how he plays in a Wolves team but have the imagination to see how he would play in a City team... ;)

How do you know that they are inferior? Just because they haven't played in the premier league?
some of our most successful players under Pep came from other leagues Rodri,Dias,Gundogan, Laporte, the list goes on. Why pay extortionate prices for a player from the prem , when our most successful players we've signed have come from other leagues for better value?
If the best player plays for a PL team, then you're automatically getting an inferior player if you restrict your options to non PL players

Completely agree with this, Wolves bought Nunes from Sporting and if you read what their fans wrote of his performances throughout last season, mainly disappointment eg misplaced passes, lack of effort, not committing to the tackle, sulking, slow on passing, unable to cope with the faster pace of the PL etc. One positive in early January was he was able to carry the ball forward well for a few matches, but later he then reverted lost the ball regularly as the season wore on. Also one good match in April when he scored. In the whole season only one goal and one assist!

He's not proven himself in the PL yet, despite 12 months here. We would probably get a much better player for our money looking to another European league.
Broken record

Nope.

I said ‘if’ he’s chosen to go on strike, and ‘if’ we’ve decided to walk away. I’m assuming nothing, as I don’t know the facts.

What I’m saying is ‘if’ both those things are true, it would certainly lend weight to the suggestion Wolves are not being reasonable here.

And I’m in no way confused between this and Wolves’ stance towards us re: the letter.

That’s an entirely separate point which I was making on my general view towards the Club and their current predicament.

Hope that clears it up for you.

You did but you also appeared to side with the player and not his club.

So you think a player has a right to force a move just because he thinks his club are being unreasonable. Would it not have been better for the player to have put a sell this in his contract?

Do you think its a possibility that City are thinking about walking away as Pep is disappointed in the players attitude? We know Pep doesn't like discord in the camp.

Just offering a different possible take on things that's all.

Last edited:
I don't know who's been unreasonably 'slagging off' Nunes? I don't consider I have been? I've tried to bring together a balanced summary of views, from Wolves fans from their website. They see him every week and overwhelmingly considered he was poor before the world cup, did much better for a few matches in January, then was inconsistent for the remainder of the season.

As a club, we should be trying to bring together all available information to help evaluate prospective players. It's not disloyal to the club to discuss a potential player's suitability, and have different opinions.
Peace!
i saw your "balanced views" you selected every negative post from the wolves forum, i went on that forum,and i got that he was a very good player who wasn't what they needed last season, a luxury player who would do well at city,but because they were shite they needed a more aggressive player, put david silva in last seasons wolves team and i think you would get the same reaction.

however its all opinions,but your search for opinions on him as a player went right out of the way to make out he was shite.

now that is a very fair and balanced post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.