Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think we should stop dealing with premier league clubs, the fees they want for a player is ridiculous compared to what some players around Europe are available for in the Italian league or Spanish league.
Completely agree with this, Wolves bought Nunes from Sporting and if you read what their fans wrote of his performances throughout last season, mainly disappointment eg misplaced passes, lack of effort, not committing to the tackle, sulking, slow on passing, unable to cope with the faster pace of the PL etc. One positive in early January was he was able to carry the ball forward well for a few matches, but later he then reverted lost the ball regularly as the season wore on. Also one good match in April when he scored. In the whole season only one goal and one assist!

He's not proven himself in the PL yet, despite 12 months here. We would probably get a much better player for our money looking to another European league.

Negotiations still ongoing. Feeling is Mcatee is key, Wolves won’t have to rush to get a replacement and it gives them time to identify his long term replacement.

An alternative to Nunes if the negotiations fail has been identified. However club still very confident on getting Nunes over the line.

Also keep an eye on Palmer & Brighton.
The alternative to nunes I imagine will be pretty underwhelming and more a bargain buy- to do a deal this late would mean having to avoid a club that are demanding big money or a player who the club are happy to get rid of. I’d seen some links to Kieran dewsbury Hall from Leicester earlier in the week??

Negotiations still ongoing. Feeling is Mcatee is key, Wolves won’t have to rush to get a replacement and it gives them time to identify his long term replacement.

An alternative to Nunes if the negotiations fail has been identified. However club still very confident on getting Nunes over the line.

Also keep an eye on Palmer & Brighton.
Shame phillips isn’t moving need him off for us and him as city isn’t the place for him anymore and is just sitting round getting his paycheck

You are confusing two separate issues about Wolves their stance on us and FFP and a contractual issue with their own player .

You say none of us know what has gone on, which is true, but then you make an assumption that Wolves are at fault to suit your own stance and narrative.

Ultimately the player signed a contract, if there are no release clauses in his contract, that is solely down to him and his agent. He signed the contract.

Nope.

I said ‘if’ he’s chosen to go on strike, and ‘if’ we’ve decided to walk away. I’m assuming nothing, as I don’t know the facts.

What I’m saying is ‘if’ both those things are true, it would certainly lend weight to the suggestion Wolves are not being reasonable here.

Both are pretty extreme reactions to a negotiation, which I’d imagine wouldn’t be take lightly.

And I’m in no way confused between this and Wolves’ stance towards us re: the letter.

That’s an entirely separate point which I was making on my general view towards the Club and their current predicament.

Hope that clears it up for you.

So we should go and sign an inferior player from another league just so we don't deal with another premier league club, what an odd take.

How do you know that they are inferior? Just because they haven't played in the premier league?
some of our most successful players under Pep came from other leagues Rodri,Dias,Gundogan, Laporte, the list goes on. Why pay extortionate prices for a player from the prem , when our most successful players we've signed have come from other leagues for better value?

Just think we should stop dealing with premier league clubs, the fees they want for a player is ridiculous compared to what some players around Europe are available for in the Italian league or Spanish league.
I don’t think the fee Wolves want for him is ridiculous in this market. It’s actually very reasonable. My feeling is that City are just not THAT into the player. Like, we’d have taken him if Mendes could have done something crazy for us, but otherwise, no. City aren’t going to haggle over about £5m if we’re certain he’s the one. This was all instigated by Mendes, imo, not City.

How do you know that they are inferior? Just because they haven't played in the premier league?
some of our most successful players under Pep came from other leagues Rodri,Dias,Gundogan, Laporte, the list goes on. Why pay extortionate prices for a player from the prem , when our most successful players we've signed have come from other leagues for better value?
Clearly the club think they are inferior because if they weren't then City would be going after them.
If the club have identified Nunes as the man they want and not somebody from abroad, then what does that tell you in this specific situation.

When we needed a replacement for Fernandinho we identified Rodri but when we fancied a LW with specific skills we identified Grealish. It is all horses for courses.

The alternative to nunes I imagine will be pretty underwhelming and more a bargain buy- to do a deal this late would mean having to avoid a club that are demanding big money or a player who the club are happy to get rid of. I’d seen some links to Kieran dewsbury Hall from Leicester earlier in the week??
Palhinha is probably the best alternative in the PL but Fulham would likely want big money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.