Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is we were prepared to pay 80- 90m for Rice or Paqueta because they could cover a few positions.

But then we bought Doku for more than we wanted. So now we don't have 80m+. We have 55m.
I agree with the club on their stance, they give a take it or leave it maximum valuation they are prepared to pay. We consider Rice and Paqueta better, more valuable players than Nunes.

Will we go back for Paqueta in January , when the investigation is dropped next week ??

What has 4th choice go to do with the pattern of the transfer

Kovacic wasn't wanted by Chelsea, into his final year of contract. Easy signing to do.
Gvardiol, dragged out over several weeks and because its pre-season the lad is going to get himself sharp anyway. Leipzig working on replacements which is dragging out the deal. Deal gets done.
Doku, no real competition from the lad, signing him for a club with no money and in a weak league. Pretty straight forward.

Nunes transfer so far;

Rumors of Nunes being a target
Wolves say hes not for sale
The usual suspects in the media say Mendes is working on it
City aren't briefing anything otherwise
Wolves manager comes out and speaks openly about him going to City.
Still no brief from City
Wolves start to be linked with players e.g. Doyle
Second bid rumoured and some even saying its happened.

There's literally no pattern in those examples. The fact that he's 4th choice shows that it's not typical of any pattern you are trying to allude to - eg, the 'pattern' hadn't been followed in the preceding three choices for midfield, as none were successful after a period of umming and ahing (Paqueta probably being an exception).

The only real thing to discern is that we sign players when we have leverage from the fact that we get terms sorted & make sure they only want us. This helps stop the price going out of control (Doku is a good example as there were clubs interested). We may still sign Nunes on that basis, but it didn't happen with Bellingham or Rice.

I agree with the club on their stance, they give a take it or leave it maximum valuation they are prepared to pay. We consider Rice and Paqueta better, more valuable players than Nunes.
Plain Speaking
I agree. If Wirtz or someone of his calibre and usefulness had been available I suspect we would have raided the piggy bank and paid the price - probably at Rice level.
I think Nunes is potentially a great asset -and blimey we do need another body - but we have a proven buying tactic that has brought success unmatched by any other club in recent years and should not be held to ransom.

I'm not that concerned if we don't get Nunes. What I'm concerned about is how we will make sure Rodri gets the rest that he needs. Will we play Kova in a double pivot with Bernardo and Foden as the cam or maybe we can play one of Stones or Gvardiol in the double pivot position in some games as I believe they have the capability to do it in some games as we are blessed with good depth in defense. We also have Rico who hopefully takes a step forward this season and gets more game time. We could also potentially sign someone that wasn't on anyone's radar on transfer deadline day like how we signed Akanji last summer. Either way I trust our board as they have the club's best interests at heart and have already given us more than anyone could have dreamed of in the last decade! CTID!

Last edited:
Does anyone reckon there is some part of pact going on inside the prem preventing us getting players unless it's for crazy money.especially with the fake paqueta betting saga and other deals wouldn't surprise me.
No. Just look at the price of Rice and Caceido. Massively overpriced. Chelsea fucked the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.