Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with others on here, he doesn’t score enough goals so I don’t see a reason in buying him, Pep probably seen something different.

Seems a more all rounded option.

Likely rotate with Kovacic, Rodri and Bernie in some way. Not a pure attacker like Eze.

Is it one of them… can’t possibly be both players we want.

Seems like a ‘Poundland Paqueta’ option, just without the bets ;-)

Would say this has Jorge Mendes prints all over the signing. City must have been dealing with him in regards to Cancelo & Bernie & just like any good agent he pushed Nunes our way upon learning our desire for more midfielders. Although it is amazing how much weight he seems to have in convincing us to go put bids in for his players compared to other agents.

Yeah this is my take... he's the exact same player, but younger with better speed. I honestly thought we were in for creativity now KDB is injured, but more importantly somehow filling the gap Gundo left, he scored in HUGE games at pivotal times, won us the FACup etc. We don't need tidy players, we need players who can produce moments of magic. Maybe Foden will be the guy now. That just means Grealish will play every game which worries me just a tad as his form has plummeted recently
To compare Nunes ball retention and passing ability with Kova is insulting.

Nunes has pretty terrible ball retention skills as most Wolves fans will testify.

Kova is one of the best in the world when it comes to ball retention.

OK, so no Barella, no Kimmich, no Valverde, no Wirtz. No Olmo!

But I won't complain. Two players is right. We've run light on midfielders for 3 years.

The central roles are so key and very, very demanding. Having good legs and the physique to tough it out in the centre is massive.

Stones needs to be available for defensive roles. Phil and Bernie need to concentrate on the forward roles. Jack needs competition and support. Forget about it. Rodri and the other midfielders need a break.

Whilst it is right to point out this does not seem to upgrade the 1st choice midfield, it effectively upgrades both the forward and defensive line.

If this is it, I'm excited by Eze and relived about Nunes.

8uhttt.jpg

well, a bit of a suprise to say the least. Since he is s mendes guy i would expect the bid to be accepted if it was made at all - since there are some conflicting reports. I would assume hes another body to cover potential injuries in the middle, since kova isnt exactly an iron man but yeah, id rather wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.