Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips was always a weird signing. He was a player that was brought into England to do a job that they didn't have anyone else to do, and he did quite well at it. Initially it looked like he was available for something like 30 million, which would be worth the risk, but we ended up having to pay 45m for a relegated player. And I don't want to get snobby, but it's rare for someone in a relegated team to be individually good enough to play for the champions. Maybe if they're a kid, but he wasn't especially young. And even if you just looked at his injury record, it didn't make a lot of sense. Managed 23 games in all competitions the season before we bought him, and 30 the season before that. Maybe he'll still come good, but at the moment, he reminds me a bit of the Rodwell signing, in that all of the clues were there before we signed him.

As others said, Phillips wasn't a relegated player.

But you know who was? Ake and Ortega. They worked out quite well.

Is this guy actually a DM that can help Rodri with the season’s workload of games? If he is, I’m in. Pep will make him a better player no doubt but his purpose must be taking pressure off Rodri so he has to be able to do that or this makes no sense to me. Anything else, box to box, assists etc is a bonus (we are very lucky Rodri does those things as well, what a player)

Is this guy actually a DM that can help Rodri with the season’s workload of games? If he is, I’m in. Pep will make him a better player no doubt but his purpose must be taking pressure off Rodri so he has to be able to do that or this makes no sense to me. Anything else, box to box, assists etc is a bonus (we are very lucky Rodri does those things as well, what a player)
I would see this signing as 2 out of 3 playing

Rodri, Kovacic and Nunes

Which in turn rests players left out

A fair appraisal. Do you think Doyle, Palmer or McAtee could do a job for Wolves if sent their on loan as part of a deal? Or would they just be bench fodder.
We are desperate for bodies, so yes, I’m sure they will get game time. The use of 5 subs now make play time more assessable. We will be down to 3 centre midfielders, Podence is off, so again we will need a wide player to rotate. Overall it may work out well for them, and us given the lack of money available for signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.