Matheus Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not the one rating the player, I have not watched him enough to make judgment, but our scouts, execs and our manager has.

We have identified him as a player that would make us stronger.

So you negotiate with his present club and as said with the current market Wolves expect a mark up on what they paid, and it for me does not seem to be over the top.

How did you arrive at your conclusion that 25% to 50% mark up is reasonable ?

You seem to think that just because a player has been in the PL a year and done nothing , his value should automatically go up a huge amount? Seems a very odd conclusion to me.

Do you think the same applies to Calvin Phillips ?

We have tabled an offer of a bit more than Wolves paid. But personally I doubt we are going to just up the fee to anywhere near that.

The range of consensus seems to be 'get it done' to 'he's obviously not all that if we won't pay up'.
There are others who say we've had a poor window from such a position of strength, and I kind of get that...

BUT here lies the problem.
The better you get the harder it is to find the elite player that fits the bill.
On paper Phillips looked like a good squad addition.
In reality he's still not good enough in my opinion.

Yeah we've gone from Bellingham and Rice to Paqueta then to Nunes, but there's a shortage of 'elite' players.
That makes the job almost impossible.

The hierarchy will be contemplating bidding again for Nunes, I'm sure, but if someone like Wirtz (I know nothing about him, but he seems to be held in high regard by some) becomes available in January or next summer what do we do then? Especially if we've already got someone in!

6 different midfielders not going our way this summer with £100m in our pocked if you include Gundo leaving unexpectedly.

Genuine self sabotage, we'd all be howling if it was United/Liverpool doing it.

The blokes only redeeming asset is being Peps bezzie

I don‘t think it’s Txiki, or however you spell his name. I think it’s come from higher up. And Txiki has to work within those new transfer guidelines.

6 different midfielders not going our way this summer with £100m in our pocked if you include Gundo leaving unexpectedly.

Genuine self sabotage, we'd all be howling if it was United/Liverpool doing it.

The blokes only redeeming asset is being Peps bezzie
Txiki doesn’t decide our valuation, Soriano/Berrada do. He will be working within the numbers that he gets told to.

We were willing to pay around 80m for Lucas Paqueta.

We aren't willing to pay 60m for Nunes.

That says to me the club don't particularly rate him that highly.

It seems to me as if it's the agent that has come to Manchester City in the first place to try and strike a deal for his client.

It does make me scratch my head why we haven't gone abroad like we did with Doku to buy a midfield player for a better price.

Are the scouts not doing a good enough job?
I have no problem with us not being willing to pay 60m for a mediocre last minute solution like Nunes. However, I dont really understand why we haven't just moved on to another target if thats the case, considering the window close in just two days. Which makes me think this deal will most likely get done in the end, since I cant imagine Txiki/Omar think not signing any CM and having a much weaker squad when the window closes compared to when it opened is an option.

Weird situation where I'm absolutely relieved we aren't signing a player I didn't rate one bit and I thought had a terrible petulant attitude, but also extremely concerned about the small size of the squad going into such a long hard season.

Neither are other clubs. But if City keep on treating selling clubs as mugs with an initial low ball offer that a club won’t accept and will genuinely be insulted by, don’t expect that club to make the sale of a player we want to buy easy. By all means go in with an initial offer slightly below or below their valuation of the player, but don’t continue taking the piss out of clubs. City will soon get reputation for doing that. It’s a shit and insulting transfer strategy.
Barca did it for years unsettling player, cheap offers , and they still try it now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.