Matija Nastasić

ono said:
He's 21. Give him time. At 21, the two best centre backs in the world today (Kompany and Silva imo) didn't even know their strongest position.
confused_lion_king.gif

mcfc2607 said:
The boys got class. He suffered alot last year with injuries and he could never get use to the high line. I'm sure if he plays regular next year he'd shine again.

Seems like a top lad aswell.

This ... and it didn't help Vinnie & Zab screaming at him when he was trying to get to grips with new style of play under Pellers .... Gary Neville raved about Nasti during his first season for us when he was class - Name a better CB the same age???

I think it would be a daft move to even loan this lad out. Playing in that City defence at the up until January we couldn't defend or get a solid pairing. Nasty and Kompany under Mancini was the making of a dream pairing. I would hold fire with Nasty think he would offer real competition to any center back that comes into the club. For all that we got with MD last season just think he will be 4th choice this season behind Vinny , Nasty and whoever we sign.

Given that he's not HG anymore this talk of us signing a foreign keeper on top of a foreign CB makes me think Nasty is the one that's going to leave (with Rekik staying as 4th choice) to enable us to hit the 17 PL HG rule.

Would be a big mistake to sell him imo. A loan wouldn't be bad (maybe to Roma?), he's still only just turned 21, but we should not be selling a lad of his potential, especially when we don't have many players under the age of 26!

ElanJo said:
Given that he's not HG anymore this talk of us signing a foreign keeper on top of a foreign CB makes me think Nasty is the one that's going to leave (with Rekik staying as 4th choice) to enable us to hit the 17 PL HG rule.

Would be a big mistake to sell him imo. A loan wouldn't be bad (maybe to Roma?), he's still only just turned 21, but we should not be selling a lad of his potential, especially when we don't have many players under the age of 26!

Victim of his own success. He had such a good first season that he was never going to keep up that level at such a young age.

He is clearly a good centre half, if we could loan him out to Roma as part of any Benatia deal that would be a great move for all parties.

ElanJo said:

We don't have to register him either for PL or CL this season as he has been at the club for 2 years and has turned 21 this year; but from next year onwards, he would be on both lists

Sadly he will be used as a makeweight for any potential foreign signing, despite the player showing promise in becoming a top centre back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.